My girlfriend's Bday..advice needed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question My girlfriend's Bday..advice needed

Hey all,

My girlfriend's bday is coming up end of this month, any ideas of where or what can I do to impress (enough for her to call all her girlfriends and say " I have to tell you what he's done for my bday...it was sooo amazing!").
    I am relatively new in town so I don't really know what hk has to offer on the romantic side. ooo consider the fact that I haven’t found a job YET my budget is not so high
    Thanks

Take Her Out

Now this is an interesting post indeed.

VanSant's advice would be never buy a woman a gift unless she happens to be your wife.

What you should do is tell her to be ready at a certain time on her birthday or nearest free day for her - and if she asks you where you are going - dont tell her.

Then pick her up (on foot - no need to have a car).

Take her someplace interesting - here are my suggestions

1. Pacific Coffee (she can travel the world by internet)

2. Airport - by the fast train - if the airport has a viewing lounge - Im sure it does

3. A Nice Restaurant

5. A Nice Diskotek (as we say here in Eastern Europe)

6. And finish it at a nice 24 hour coffee lounge - are there any in Hong Kong? If not, I am sure you can buy some instant coffee for your kitchen - and invite her there!

Good Luck!

pacific coffe!!...u r a genius
    I might upgrad the date to starbacks...I think I got something

suite at the four seasons, spa and dinner should do it. opps, just read the budget bit...

If she is new to HK then dinner with a good veiw of the harbour isn't a bad idea. Hutong (28F 1 Peking building) is dark, romantic, showy and has a great view (providing the weather gets better). It isn't cheap but if you lay off the wine it isn't too bad.....

Tell your lady to get dressed up nicely but comfortably as well and dont give her an idea of where you'll be taking her. Since you dont have much cash to spend I'd screw around with her head a little get on a bus to pok fu lam get off anywhere and act as if you know where your going - then grab a cab and pass him a note (get one of your chinese friends to write it for you) ' Aberdeen, Jumbo Restaurant' only thing is on to of the restaurant is this romantic restaurant at night called 'Top Deck' there you can virtually eat just about anything from burgers to chinese, indian and so on - great menu. Prepare them in advance that you'll be bringing your lady and suprising her with her dinner. Then from there I'd head to Sahara in lower Elgin street for some scrumptious desserts and the ambiance is gorgeous! Which is where you give the birthday pressent ' complete box set of pampering from you to her including candels - ( you can make your own or buy a set, I can suggest later on if you like the idea. ) Topped with an invite back to yours or hers where you have pre decked out the bedroom with rose petals, candels ready to be lit and some sexy music.

Bus from Central to Pok Fu Lam around $7 per person
    Cab to Aberdeen from Pok Fu Lam between $30 - 50
    Dinner on Top Deck two mains, bottle of house wine and starter $600 - 800
    Cab from Aberdeen to Central, Elgin St.around $60
    2 Drinks and desert $150 and up
    set the mood with box set www.newsensationshk.com various options there.

I'm a romantic so I did something similar for my fiance in April and he absolutely loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by jaco:
    pacific coffe!!...u r a genius
    I might upgrad the date to starbacks...I think I got something
    Jaco...is there any sarcasm there...hmm.

I wouldn't recommend taking her just for coffee - how about coffee, then an inexpensive restaurant, then club near your flat, then your flat.

But hey, there is really nothing wrong with taking a girl for coffee on her birthday. Trust me. Its the conversation and the event not the venue that makes a great date!

Good luck!

As a matter of interest, is your gf a local or an expat?

I ask because if she's an expat, then you can "fudge" it a little

Take her to the Peak - there's a few nice restaurants up there. And if it's a nice night (no smog) you'll get amazing views over HK...

There's even a Starbucks up there too (though I wouldn't recommend just taking her there for a cup of coffee)

how about cooking her a meal? breakfast in bed or even lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by RedKiera:
    Take her to the Peak - there's a few nice restaurants up there. And if it's a nice night (no smog) you'll get amazing views over HK...

There's even a Starbucks up there too (though I wouldn't recommend just taking her there for a cup of coffee)
    This suggestion is the best from the perspective of being a lady.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast