Theatre in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Humanities teacher is an enthusiastic member of the American Theatre Community (ACT) and I've been to one of their plays not too long ago. They are quite amusing, and I do believe they do plays from comedy to drama, and others.

I'm not aware of their website at the moment, but if you do a search on them, I'm sure you'll find some results. If not, I'll come back in a couple of days and post a link after meeting with my teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    can i ask what kind of backstage work you're into?

i'm a set and lighting designer myself. :-)

Honestly, I'd love it if a few of us could get together to watch performances together - should check out what's coming on :-)
    I am also a set designer and I like lighting design as well but only done it once. Sometimes, will also design the promotional stuff.

Attached is one of the set I designed in 1999...long time ago.

Yes, it will be lovely if few of us can go to theatre together!!!!

Cheers,
    Littlealien

Quote Originally Posted by littlealien:
    I am also a set designer and I like lighting design as well but only done it once. Sometimes, will also design the promotional stuff.

Attached is one of the set I designed in 1999...long time ago.

Yes, it will be lovely if few of us can go to theatre together!!!!

Cheers,
    Littlealien
    The design looks cute! Was that here in Hong Kong?

I've attached a couple of my designs as well... from left to right - Midsummer's (set, costume, lighting) x2, theatre xmas ball thing (set, lighting), chldren's musical (lighting)

i love looking at people's work, so if you have stuff to share, do! :-D

Okay, and another crazy idea... but what if (in some time), a bunch of us host a performance.
    Well it's an idea!!
    Last edited by -jC-; 22-06-2006 at 11:42 PM.

WOW! nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by -jC-:
    The design looks cute! Was that here in Hong Kong?

I've attached a couple of my designs as well... from left to right - Midsummer's (set, costume, lighting) x2, theatre xmas ball thing (set, lighting), chldren's musical (lighting)

i love looking at people's work, so if you have stuff to share, do! :-D

Okay, and another crazy idea... but what if (in some time), a bunch of us host a performance.
    Well it's an idea!!
    The last one i attached is original script written for the HK Drama Festival 1999 and it called, "I Love Bath Room". It won the 1st running up and so we have a chance to re-run it.

This one I attached is for HK Drama Festival 2000 and named, "What is it?"

Drama Festival is very good for those who want to do production but having got enough funding and also for drama festival, we don't need to worry about the ticketing and audience.

http://www.hongkongdrama.com/

The above is the organisation who hold the competition of HK Drama Festival but sorry I think the detail information on the website is in Chinese.

Your crazy idea is not crazy at all but just the problem to find and form the team of people to do it. That's actually what I really want to do when I came back to Hong Kong.

And my friend she is a korean and a writer. She wrote a script for me but it's in English so I still couldn't find somebody who is interested to preform it casue I know I need to translate it into Chinese first.

I have PM you the script and if you interested, have a look and give me some comments

Thanks so much!!!
    Littlealien

Quote Originally Posted by littlealien:
    Your crazy idea is not crazy at all but just the problem to find and form the team of people to do it. That's actually what I really want to do when I came back to Hong Kong.

And my friend she is a korean and a writer. She wrote a script for me but it's in English so I still couldn't find somebody who is interested to preform it casue I know I need to translate it into Chinese first.

I have PM you the script and if you interested, have a look and give me some comments
    Wow!! send it to me! I'd love to have a look through it...

Actually there's three more options for performing in HK as an experimantal group...

1) Fringe Club - from what i hear, their policy on performance is very interesting. you don't have to BUY out the theatre but you pay according to the ticket sales instead so it's easier on you

2) Cafe/Club theatre - still quite an unexplored area of performing in Hong kong and quite a cheaper way of organising it. mind, you need right connections to get by it.

3) Street theatre - totally and i mean completely unexplored area as far as i know. it's free for the most part as long as you get permission from government officials! bring out the troops to the avenue of stars!! haha

I like where all this is going