Like Tree3Likes

Champagne brunch...on a Saturday?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well, Top Deck on a Saturday is the way forward as far as I'm concerned! The buffet was lovely, as always, it was quieter than usual, although still with plenty of atmosphere, and there's a whole day on Sunday to recover! Highly recommended!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Millimills likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Please let us know how the Saturday buffet is (especially compared to the Sunday one if you've done that before).
    Pretty much the same buffet on both days AFAIR (there was quite a gap between my Saturday and Sunday visits, as I don't go to Top Deck very frequently).
    However, I seem to remember that on one day you had the (cheaper) dry option (i.e., no included bubbly) while on the other day they only offered the all-included one.

Thanks for the feedback - I was aware that the Saturday buffet had a dry option, though it's hardly one I'm likely to take! Having said that, does anyone know if they can cope with a mixed table of people who take the "all you can fizz" option and some who don't? I'm thinking of going with a group which includes people who don't drink (or only a glass or two) but clearly Top Deck might think that people would try to abuse the system like that (only one person on the table gets all you can drink, but shares it around) and so have a problem with it.

Hi All,

Reading this thread has made got me thinking of taking the wife to Top Deck this coming Sunday. Is it wise to book in advance, or will it be fine just to turn up?

I note that Top Deck only offers 'Sparkling Wine'. Are they any other places to be recommended with actual Champagne?

Cheers,

Chris

The sparkling wine is French methode champenoise so it's really quite alright - on a par with average NV champagne, certainly after the first few glasses

There are plenty of places with champagne (mainly in the 5* hotels) but you'll pay at least $200 more per head for not much difference.

Christickler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The sparkling wine is French methode champenoise so it's really quite alright - on a par with average NV champagne, certainly after the first few glasses

There are plenty of places with champagne (mainly in the 5* hotels) but you'll pay at least $200 more per head for not much difference.
    The hotel buffets are much better in the quality of the food though and more choice.

I've not been to the Hyatt or the Intercon, but I wouldn't say that others that I have been to (e.g. Shang, Park Lane, Excelsior) are "much" better. "A bit better" perhaps. and once you get to a certain level more choice is pointless - I couldn't eat one of everything at Top Deck, so that's plenty of choice for me.

Yes, there were a couple of people on our table who weren't drinking so perfectly possible to mix. The fizz was fine, and I would advise booking.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    The hotel buffets are much better in the quality of the food though and more choice.
    But Top Deck's setting is top trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay:
    But Top Deck's setting is top trumps.
    True can't disagree with that and staring at Boats I can never even dream of affording does rankle somewhat! haha