The BIG Game tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The BIG Game tomorrow

OK cricket lovers....what a Wednesday we have in store for us!

India plays Pakistan tomorrow for the Samsung Cup...and if the past matches are any indication...Wednesday’s decider should go down to the wire too! Shoiab & Co. will be coming out with all guns blazing and we guys will need to put our best foot forward! It's a day / night game and what a spectacle it promises to be!!

Sign up here and then we can then pick a place to go to and watch the Indians make history in Lahore (hopefully) Let's get out there and cheer the boyz in blue!

I'm definitely ON for this one. Will land up by 7 pm in the evening. Hiten pl tell me where - Viceroy or ???

Quote Originally Posted by goodfood:
    I'm definitely ON for this one. Will land up by 7 pm in the evening. Hiten pl tell me where - Viceroy or ???
    Great...look forward to seeing yoou again GF. Its been a while!! Let's cheer the Indians on to victory. Is Reema in town?

And where are the rest of you cricket fans?? ...Shanxx/Max/KK/HKFella (u back yet??)/ others?? And those of you who dont follow the game...come watch us scream ourselves hoarse at every little incident during the match.

Anyway, your's truly and GF will definitely be there. I'll also try to round up a few other friends. The match starts at around 5/5:30 in the evening and so drop in if you'd like to cheer India or Pakistan. I am pretty sure they will be showing the match at Viceroy so maybe we should go there! I'll see if I can leave office early today..but if not...I'll definitely be there by 6:30!

Here's the address:

2/F, Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
    Phone: 2598 1212

Shri / Rani ...I know you're not big cricket fans...but you wanna join us for a drink or two anyway?

Cheers,

Hiten

PS: Take a look at this article in the ToI newspaper today:

Imagine the deputy PM of India feeling compelled to install two giant screens that’ll show a cricket match so as to attract people to his rally (in Chandigarh). Imagine the main Opposition party postponing the release of its election manifesto to avoid being drowned out by a cricket match.

Some people have told us, there’s too much cricket on your pages, there is life beyond, you know. Today, try and find life beyond if you can. Today, a billion-plus people will drop everything to stay transfixed to their TVs, scream themselves hoarse at every boundary and wicket, groan at every dropped catch, question the umpire’s eyesight at every appeal turned down.

Because this is India and Pakistan locked 2-2 in a five-match series, battling for supremacy, pride, the right to brag to their grandchildren. The stakes are high, the air electric with tension. It doesn’t get any bigger than this.
    Need I say more!!
    Last edited by Hiten; 24-03-2004 at 12:34 PM.

Don't think we'll make it .... Rani and I have to deal with a baby party with 50+ kids.

whats about cheerers of the green? surely it'll be more fun if the excitement goes both ways???

Quote Originally Posted by asterix:
    whats about cheerers of the green? surely it'll be more fun if the excitement goes both ways???
    Of course!! Cheerers of the green are more than welcome! What's the fun without a lil competition?? Unfortunately dont know if there are any on this website!!! The last time we had support for both sides was during the World Cup last year. It sure was a lotta fun...sledging, jokes, and all the drama you could ask for!!

Hope we have a good game tonight

hey im on the site and im hara all right!

Quote Originally Posted by asterix:
    hey im on the site and im hara all right!
    Well you're the first one I know then! So come on and join us then!

would like to but baby duty calls (un original eh? but true) maybe next time
    cheers
    ps : am looking forward to gloating on the site tomorrow

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Talking

well...for some of you its baby duty...for me its ACTUALLY duty.....

sorry guys, but stuck at work (I know, I know)! Hows about we make up for that this weekend? All those who couldn't make it out for patty's day are welcome for Fri/Sat.....Interested?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast