Reviews of Bars

Question Reviews of Bars

Hey guys

Would anyone be able to review the following bars:
    Joe Bananas
    Chinatown
    Skitz

Most wanting to know the feeling, how they are for groups and if they have areas to book.

Thanks guys and gals!!

Joe Bananas: has a high density of "professional" clientele, bouncers on the door, but is, for some reason that I don't understand, seen as reasonably classy. Not sure about groups, but I guess so if you know the management.

Chinatown: owned by the same people as own some of the "curtain bars"; used by the girls from those bars as a place to take their clients for a drink before going home/to the hotel (not least as a means of getting into the uber-mama-san's good books). Also a hangout for gweilos who are very close to that business. They would certainly let you reserve tables for a group.

Skitz: quite variable - the pool tables used to be very good, but under new management they degenerated rapidly. Still a very high quotient of freelancing professionals there, some just to play pool (at which some of them are very good indeed). Skitz itself is not really a place for big groups, but Visages bar at the back certainly takes bookings and has an excellent house band. Unfortunately though whenever I have been there there have been more people in the band than in the audience, which does lead to much atmosphere.

Thanks so much PDLM! You are the best!

All three places are nothing special though.
    Skitz was great for watching the world cup, but this place definitely needs a refurbishment. They do have a live band, but I never heard them playing.
    Chinatown is just a normal bar, although the food seems to be not too bad.... As PDLM said this place is really popular among hookers getting a drink with their clients before heading to the 'playground'....

Depending on what u want Joe Bananas might be the best choice out of those three, even though their visitors can be rude sometimes.