What to do when your bored of LKF?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybo:
    You can go to a CD&DVD shop specialized in classic music and buy something to listen.
    Anyone can suggest a good place? I'm trying to get an answer to an unanswered thread I started

I don't mind you highjacking my thread. Hope you get some answers! Have you tried HMV on Queens Road Central. They had a not too bad selection of salsa music. I sure there would have a section dedicated to classical music.

Incidentially, I am thinking at trying my hand at golf. Never ever tried it before. Any suggestions about where to get lessons would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JBest:
    Incidentially, I am thinking at trying my hand at golf. Never ever tried it before. Any suggestions about where to get lessons would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your answer. I'll check the address of HMV.
    Today I was in Sai Kung and I saw people with golf sacks. There should be something going on there.
    Close to Shenzhen airport I also saw something that looked as a golf field. probably China is less expensive than HK.

Zhuhai is the place to go for golf.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Zhuhai is the place to go for golf.
    Why so? Having said that, I know someone who gives golf lessons in Zhuhai (also HK). PM if anyone needs contact info.

Zhuhai is very popular with Hong Kong golfers since it's much, much cheaper to play up there and the courses are significantly larger. I know a lot of Japanese people working in HK who make the trip up there regularly.

the courses in Zhuhai are very nice to look at too, although that's all I can do since I can't golf to save my life.

It's a bit hard to golf at night though unless you just want to use the driving ranges...

rolders
    Quote Originally Posted by mobespierre:
    i hear truth or dare jenga is really hot these days

Quote Originally Posted by laurac:
    How about going to a wet market and buying live fish and then having a dinner party with your friends as you all try to cook it? Add about 6 bottles of wine and some jenga...and you have a pretty good party!
    hansel. so hot. hansel.
    That's a wild idea - must do that sometime soon!

JBest, if you haven't gotten the basics of golf yet, then you might want to consider some lessons first before you head out to the course. City golf in Kowloon has about 250 bays, and they have pros that give lessons.

You can also join HK Pro Golf. They hold various golfing events throughout the year, including golf workshops to improve your swing or workshops for total beginners. www.hkprogolf.com

saigon golf club

took me a while to find this link again but here it is:
    http://www.kscgolf.com/index.asp

u take a ferry to this jockey club golfing range on this island from saigon and have a nice buffet. then it's 2 hours all you can golf at the driving range. the most important thing it's super cheap. makes me feel like i'm back in vancouver again when i'm there. highly recommend. courses available too!

Tried some sports?

There are a couple of pools around, and if you find some friends you can play badminton, tennis or squash.

Sex is also a wonderful alternative to the bars.