Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra @ HKCC

Closed Thread

Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra @ HKCC

Hi all,
    The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra will perform next month at the HK Cultural Centre and I was thinking about attending the show. I just need to know if I can wait a bit to get tickets or if the CC is a popular venue that requires early reservations.
    Thanks!!
    ; )

It's not so much the venue that matters as the rarity of having performers of that calibre in town. I would expect it to sell out pretty quickly.

http://www.cityline.com claims that online booking is available, but when you try to go to it it says "not yet".

Ok, thxx.
    I'll work on it asap!

Classical Music

Hi all,

I'm a classical music franatic and am especially crazy about Wagner. I've been trying to find some music lovers in HK but it seems that this species is basically being extinct. Am I a complete wierdo in this society or there are still some people who like things that were made hundreds of years ago?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by joystein:
    Hi all,

I'm a classical music franatic and am especially crazy about Wagner. I've been trying to find some music lovers in HK but it seems that this species is basically being extinct. Am I a complete wierdo in this society or there are still some people who like things that were made hundreds of years ago?

Scott
    i'll buddy up with you!! i wouldn't call myself a fanatic, but i am a classical violin teacher and greatly prefer bach to brittney. or whatever those darn kids are listening to these days.

Yes~ I was thinking of getting the tickets at Tom Lee.

Well for those who are interested I might not need to mention (yet will do) that "Le Nozze di Figaro" would also be great to attend to during the same week.
    ; )