HAPPY HOUR this Friday 16/4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    But how do these things work? Is it just a sort of communal cook-in, or does someone demonstrate or teach something, or what?

i was thinking one differnt cruisin each week, or maybe every other week. Each person bring a differnt dish and share. Wellcome to come and cook at my place but i don;t have a whole lot of equipement. Working on the detail after meeting the girls tomorrow.
    Email me [email protected] for more detail. Are you coming tomoorw? If u do, don;t forget to say hi to me. Love to get to know some real cook. I'm no real cook myself, just like to cook, more like a hobbie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJexpat
    Hi ho -

I'm going to try to make it - I'm usually out of the loop in Kwun Tong but happen to be in central for a meeting tomorrow afternoon - serendipity!

How will we recognize the group? I'm John [email protected]

Cheers...
    JJ
    Will send out more info tomoorw morning. I will have a sign say "expat group" Funny i'm not an expat myself hiihihiihih

Err .. can you try and keep the cooking comments to another thread?

Yes, we all figured you are from HK... the "hihihi" is a definate give away.

By the way, can you also ask the other person not to share your account?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Talking find me a man who can cook will ya?

That, Falling Star, is like waving the proverbial red rag. The main reason us guys, are scarce at cooking groups, is that we are usually out earning a crust. I look forward to sloshing some zinfandel with you et al later this evening if but for a brief hour or two, when I will also tour the kicthens to see if indeed La Bodega has chefees.

PS I'm not old but postively ancient
    Hasta Luego
    KK

Please add Rachel and Sean to the list for Happy Hour tonight. We'll be by a bit after 7. See you there.

Last edited by RachelG; 16-04-2004 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    Err .. can you try and keep the cooking comments to another thread?

Yes, we all figured you are from HK... the "hihihi" is a definate give away.

By the way, can you also ask the other person not to share your account?

No i'm not from HK, came here with my hubibie to be, whom is an expat. We'r both from US And i'm not chinese either

What other person share my account? I'm a little lost on this.

25 people !! If this comes through I guess this will be the biggest Geoexpat gathering since inception. Way to go Falling Star !

Wouldn't have missed this , had it not been for the fact that I'm under the weather today after three continuous nights of partying ( starting with La Bodega on Tuesday night with some geoexpaters) So will bring myself and wife ( Reema) in our usual male-female ration of 50:50 next time

Quote Originally Posted by FallingStar
    Rani... somehow i don;t get email notification anymore when people reply back to my post.
    got reserved table already.
    what kind of discount can we get?
    I asked the maneger there, but she said there is none during the happy hour.
    I can either reserve the whole back of the restuare area which will fit aorund 30 people. Let me know if more people coming. So far i got about 25.

Lilly (myself) & Hubbie
    Kervin & Chikako Go
    L & bf
    Tanya & Hubbie
    Shri & Rani
    Mommy Ube & UbeJam
    Val & freind
    LT
    Jame
    Sam
    John
    Steve
    and another 6 "no namer"

PS: should i have name tag for everyone?
    Most people will arrive around 6: 30

Quote Originally Posted by goodfood
    25 people !! If this comes through I guess this will be the biggest Geoexpat gathering since inception. Way to go Falling Star !
    We are getting up to a bit more then 40 people now Hope you can make it Let hope La Bodega have room for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid
    find me a man who can cook will ya?
    KK
    ease don't read too much into that comment. Didn;t mean anything by that and definitely didn't mean to offense anyone

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Wink didn't mean to offense anyone

Please be assured, Falling Star, that no offense was taken from, or indeed given by your comments. Actually if you look under the steely veneer of any man you will probably find a budding, Oliver,Stein and even dare I say a Floyd

Cheers
    KK

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast