Gillian Chung Photos?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gillian Chung Photos?

what is the big deal? In "western" countries women walk down the street 1/2 naked. Madonana sold records based on her whore/slut rep rather than musical talent and Britanny Spears does almost the same. Have not seen the mag myself but did watch a video of their concert at Fortress and recognized them when the news hit. I can understand the invasion of privacy but some locals have told me it really wasnt that big of a deal to them. Others have been in shock.

Last edited by MotoHK; 29-08-2006 at 09:20 PM.

I don't follow cantopop, but I would bet that she has appeared in photos and pop videos reavealing more skin than in those pics. And I'm pretty sure the people of HK have seen more revealing pics in magazines and on TV.

I'm of the opinion that if you are a celebrity then you have to accept that some pics that are published won't show you in the most flattering poses. Yes, there is the issue of intrusion of privacy... I don't think the pictures themselves over-steped the mark, but I do think that the method of taking the pics with a hidden camera does over-step the mark. Maybe that's what the protests were about.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 29-08-2006 at 09:57 PM. Reason: No need ..

FFS it's a cheap marketing ploy! But unfortunately local people seem so gullible to these things. Just ignore it - in a couple of years people will say "Gillian who?"

PDLM, i used to think the same when Twins first emerged and were at their Kawaii-obnoxious peak back in 2001, circa Summer Breeze of Love. yuk.

now, i kinda like them! A-Kiu is one of the most gorgeous women anywhere, and their acting has improved considerably.

The ruckus is over how the pics were obtained, not what's in them, but i concede with these affairs you can never tell what's bona fide and what's made up for publicity's sake.

Are we sick of this tiring news?

Have we had enough of this topic? It seems that the only thing to come out of all this is publicity for the twins which, in my opinion, is only a gimmic and are on the down side of their careers.

The whole thing could have simply been planned by their promotors. As most people know, not even a nipple was shown, and not that she would die that someone did see her nipple as most people in Hong Kong would probably have heard that girls like that can be literaly bought. Hey a couple years ago i even heard that they were going for $400K a "pop" literally. What is wrong with the hong kong public and its anal thinking? It seems that it people see skin they should be thought of as sluts, well in this case it may in fact be true, but i am sure that for those that have actually lived in Hong Kong long enough that they know Hong Kong and even Macau is built on this gossip attitude. Sex sells!!!! Dont we all agree on that.

I am sure that in previous editions of various hong kong weekly magazines that more skin and boobs have been shown. How about those pics of the "north mushrooms". I am sure that there has been many more times that they have been revealed.

I really wish that this topic would simply die off and go on without people like Ms. Chung complaining and even worse people like jackie chan fighting for her. I am sure that he has seen more seen on her personally, as he IS a good friend of Mr. Yeung, Twins' boss. Hey, i would not be surprised if the whole management of Emp. has seen more skin on both the Twins.

final comment > STOP COMPLAINING MS CHUNG. Not only is this topic getting boring but so are the twins and you showing skin!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

a valuable lesson

Canto-poptarts

Hello there, producers of tomorrow! Try this easy, simple recipe that's a small amount of fun for all the family! You'll need:
    1 prepubescent girl - We find that cute ones work best: no more than 100lb of flesh at most.
    1 complete marketing plan - advertising, ruthless promotion, the works. (See our "Super Summer Swindles" section for the full recipe.)

3 hours in a recording studio1 vocoder or other voice-altering equipment1 phenomenal sound technician 1 album or more of someone else's songs. Hidden cameras, to taste(-lessness)

• Take your prepubescent girl (two if they’re in season), and heavily dust her eyes with equal parts dreams of stardom, delusions of grandeur and glitter. Baste in layers of makeup (this artificially ages your starlet for public consumption).

• Next, you’ll need to allow her star to rise, like a fine soufflé. If you added enough yes-men to the batter, then her ego will inflate at the same time.

• Next, be sure to scramble her brains with a whisk: you want your starlet light and airy.

• Top with a flowing bouffant 'do, like a fine meringue.

• Dressing is very important: a good general rule of thumb is as little dressing as possible.

• Season with countless product endorsements.

• Bake in media spotlight, while marinating in juices of own making.

• You’ll now need to find a notable male celebrity to give her that little poke needed to check if she’s entirely ready.

• By this point, two sweet, sugary mounds will have formed. Gently singe with hidden cameras in a blaze of publicity.

• Stoke outrage. This will allow her to develop a hardened shell, while keeping the insides still warm and fuzzy. After this process, she will be ready to take on anyone who wants a piece.

• Your Cantopop star is complete; she is now as delicious as Faye Wong.Serves millions.

Warning: Do not leave in sunshine or public scrutiny too long; your product will melt.

hk magazine page three 1/9/06

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Maybe this was "engineered" to give her flagging career a boost? Or to ...um,..finally grow out of her naive-young-teen phase and give herself an image makeover?

hey kombucha, she's like 24 now! not exactly a teenager anymore, which is a good thing.

I think the HK entertainment circle and it's peer is over-reacting,
    but then and agian everybody that is involved gets free publicity and political points for just showing up in support of her, and acting angry.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Canto Pop 101

THE CULT OF CANTOPOP

I showed this to a 17 year old former Twins Devotee[when he was 15]

First Question was "what is this Canto pop?"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast