Where to picnic in HKIsland

Where to picnic in HKIsland

Hi there,
    I would like to bring my hubby on a picnic for our anniversary on thursday night.
    We live in midlevels so not too fare would be a good thing...
    If someone knows where we could go, please, let me know, I'd be delighted.
    Alexandra

One possibility would be the park area right up at the top of the Peak (go to the Peak Tram station, but take the road that keeps going up the hill to the proper peak (near the radio masts). I think you could get a taxi all the way up there on a weekday (the road is closed on Sundays I think).

Alternatively there's a picnic spot with nice views at the end of High West, but that involves a 20 min walk from the nearest point you could get a taxi (which would be on Luggard Road going round the Peak).

There's also a picnic area about half way along Black's Link between Wanchai Gap and Wong Nai Chung gap which has good views over the South Side. You'd need to get a taxi to one end or the other and walk for about 15 minutes.

These would almost certainly all be deserted after dark so you'd be free to get up to whatever you want

Hate to be a stick in the mud and all that- but do you really want to sit on a grass verge after dark at this time of year? If so, I hope you bring a fan and one of those tennis rackets to kill the airborne attackers (and extra batteries)!
    Go to Gaia and sit at one of the outside tables with a bottle of wine from San Gimigniano and a fresh pizza to share!
    Whatever you do- enjoy it!

Thanks For The Tips

Hi guys,
    Thanks a lot for the tips.
    Finally we went to Café de Paris (we are french & we hadnt find so far a decent & "normal fare" french restaurant in HK). It was really nice. The staff is great and the food was good. The bill was ok so, good choice !
    About french restaurants in HK...
    We heard a lot about le tire bouchon and found it pretentious, expensive and not so good, we went to les 2 sardines, not good and this week for business we went to Gaddi's in Peninsula it was amaaaaaaaaaazing but I havent seen the check... and I'm happy because it must have cost a fortune !
    Take care,
    Alex

In the words of the great Dent Arthur Dent, "This is obviously some strange usage of the word "picnic" that I wasn't previously aware of".