Kanye West -- Live in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Edison this...Edison that...Can't believe he's that popular. That dude can't rap at all.

Last edited by GAIA; 01-12-2006 at 03:34 PM.

my 2 cents....
    great performance by kanye and his crew... but the whole time i was breathing in car exhaust it was terrible

um..im not sure about the punching incident...but there was definitely an after party...i left central around 12:45 and he was still at D.I....

my Kanye concert opinion

This is my 3rd time watching Kanye this year. I've just arrived in HK a few weeks ago and I wanted to check out this concert to experience what this hip hop concert would be like in HK.

Kanye was great as always but the crowd, for the most part, was pretty...umm... boring. I didn't feel like a whole lot of people there even knew him. Crowds went crazy on his most recent song like "gold digger". I heard comments from people after the concert saying gold digger was the best because everyone was so into it.
    I barely saw any diamonds in the sky, nor did I see many people dancing and really feeling it (maybe some of them came to watch Edison primarily? I'm not sure) Maybe I'm making assumptions and pardon me if I seem ignorant, but I felt like a lot of people were there just because it was something to do and not because they love and appreciate Kanye. I guess everything seemed a bit out of sync, definitely not unified and I guess that has an effect on the vibe...

This was Kanye's Touch the Sky tour and as I've mentioned, I've seen it twice already. He didn't even follow the "original show" format. There was a lot of stuff cut out. For example, in the other two shows I saw, he did some songs that he produced in the past with John Legend, Mos Def, etc. He does this "name that tunee" part as well and has this little "old skool" part as well. I think they cut it because a lot of the people barely recognized stuff beyond Gold digger and Touch the Sky. Some of the songs were cut short as well.

I love Kanye and Atrak. Was Atrak really hit?! I didn't go to any after party because I still dont have any friends here and besides that I've seen atrak quite a few times already.

I've got some great video footage of the concert if anyone wants to see!

I've also got a pic of Edison buahahaha. He was standing near me during the concert so of course, I took it for bragging rights! Edison's classic line of the nite (this is not word for word) "I stay (entertaining) in Asia where I'm king" ..... right.....

Quote Originally Posted by yayaya:

after AFTER show:
    after party show at dragon-i... haha... club owner punched dj atrak, they all left. no after party. don't know da story. embarassing for hong kong, dragon-i seems no respect for international guests.

yayaya, where'd you hear about atrak being punched? there was definately an after party, i went and it was pretty good... i was there till quite late and atrak was still spinning when i left.. maybe it all happened at the end or something?

a couple of friends and i talked to edison at the party, he was a little arrogant though. definately thought he was too cool, it was annoying. i dunno if its cuz he was in a mood or something (dunno if he's usually a nice guy) but he had a bit of attitude that night. apparently kanye was at the party the whole time but in the back with like 4 bodyguards, and noone really got to see him... a bit disappointing considering the party was for him...

Yeah, I was at Dragon I the night after Kanye and I met someone there that I saw in VIP when I was at Kanye. He said he got to meet him. Kanye was sitting at one of the tables in the back of the main room.

Edison's a joke...hehe. He did have some serious fans there though. Bobo I hear you about the crowd. It's true, a lot of people didn't know the tunes, and those that did were dispersed amongst those that didn't. I'm still glad we got to see Kanye here and I'm still mad Jay-Z didn't come out here.

how was Atrak?

How was atrak at the afterparty? I've never been to any club yet in HK. How is Dragon-i?
    one of my favorite djs is coming in jan and should be playing there. he told me it was called dragon fly tho...is there such a club in HK or did I just hear him wrong?

edison....haha, I could go on forever.

i dont think jay-z will be going anywhere for a little while yet. He's just jumped back so I'd expect that he might start touring a bit...but I have no idea.

I'd like to see Common or John Legend but I'm sure there's not too many chances to see them here!

Do any of you know who around here has a lot to do with promoting and such? Wondering if any groups like J5, k-os or other djs (mr.lif? ztrip?) ever get brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by bobotse:
    Edison's classic line of the nite (this is not word for word) "I stay (entertaining) in Asia where I'm king" ..... right.....

LOL the classic line of the night was when the guy singing with edison (who actually has a pretty good voice) was lke
    "When i say...um..i don't kno what! You say Kanye!"

LMAO! you don't say somethin like THAT at a Kanye West Concert! That was so embarrassing!

hahahaha, YES!
    very true... that guy has no future in emceeing

So I got an e-mail from A Track this morning. He said he never got hit, but the owner was being an asshole, so they left. He did say he enjoyed doing the concert here though. I sent him a link to this thread, so he might just stop by.