Borat in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Yeah, it still happens all the time. The version of Borat I saw was taken by someone with a handicam...you hear the audience laughing in the background.

It happens so often that they were taking people's camera phones away from 'em when they had prescreenings of Borat out in California.

BTW, speaking of Seinfeld (I love that bootlegging episode...it was a good one), have you guys heard about Kramer's little outburst a couple nights ago?

WARNING: This may disturb the more sensitive among you.

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8464171557517287206&q=kramer"]"Kramer" (Michael Richards) - Racist Tirade Caught On Tape (LIVE) (Warning!)[/ame]

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-11-2006 at 06:51 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Alas Jay The Kramer video is being pulled faster then people can upload it, so haven't seen it yet.

Kramer will appear tonight on Letterman where he grovels at The Man's feet and begs not to be the but of any Gibson jokes.
    ---
    Expect more lawsuits as the film rakes in more money,
    Cohen is now the highest paid British artiste on the strength of this single film, so I am sure he doesn't mind.

I won't see it. This whole fooling Amercians has been done years ago. Canadian comedian Rick Mercer's 'Talking to Americans' is just one example. Amazes me how people can fall for such media hype (blair witch project/snakes on plane) and fork over their money to watch crap.

To anyone who enjoyed Borat: You liked this movie because watching people being fooled and humiliated on camera made you feel better about yourself.

>> You liked this movie because watching people being fooled and
    >> humiliated on camera made you feel better about yourself.

Ok, excuse me if I've not saved three kittens from a burning house and found a cure to common cold today.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    I won't see it. This whole fooling Amercians has been done years ago. Canadian comedian Rick Mercer's 'Talking to Americans' is just one example. Amazes me how people can fall for such media hype (blair witch project/snakes on plane) and fork over their money to watch crap.

To anyone who enjoyed Borat: You liked this movie because watching people being fooled and humiliated on camera made you feel better about yourself.
    You're not in it are you? Just that you seem very worked up about a simple film

Most comedy is about making fun of people real or fictional. People like to laugh at other people, or at themselves. If you have not seen it how do you know it is crap? If I do then I will express my opinion on it. Ali G was very popular in the UK and there was no media hype with that so I do not think Cohen's success is simply based on hype.

I don't pay to watch crap. Take that however you may. I also don't bootleg anything, and I saw the bootleg Borat in Sweden, where it was legal. That's my story and I'm sticking by it.

I agree with you about Blair Witch and Snakes on a Plane. They were pretty crappy. Borat was totally different, but yeah, over the top and sensationalized. I also agree with you that it was funny because I was laughing at their misfortune and humiliation. I'm only human
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 22-11-2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Accidentally cursed

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

is it kosher to put bond before borat?

Having heard only good things about the blond bond I decided to get tickets for tonight.
    Guess what?
    It's not showing.
    Anywhere.
    Discreet enquires reveled that the govt thinking that it would hurt relations with Macau had banned the flick.
    Only after James Tien genuflected in Legco to all the official officals did they relent.
    ooseven is now slated for a 21st December 2006 release.
    Will anyone hold their breath till then?
    Thankfully with the aid of a samsung 60 incher my date is still on for tonight, albeit with a slight change of venue.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381061/releaseinfo

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What a load of crap the stuff above is. Cohen has taken the piss out of everyone for years in the UK, it is standard UK humour and nothing to do with Jewish snobbery.
    ... and Cohen is a devout Jew himself and has been taking the piss out of that for years also.

People need to relax a little. As a famous person once said "He is not the messiah, he is just a very naughty boy."

Frankly, I'm going to go see it as soon as I can because I knew Sasha Baron Cohen - vaguely - well before he was famous. He's part of my tribe - much more than just both of us being Jewish, he and I were in the same youth movement back in the UK at the same time, although he's older than me, so he was a leader while I was a participant...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Ok, excuse me if I've not saved three kittens from a burning house and found a cure to common cold today.
    That's okay - we forgive you as long as it's on next week's to-do list...

For what it's worth, I was discussing this film with the director of the film festival last week, and he's hoping to get a 'private' showing - possibly even a premiere...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    For what it's worth, I was discussing this film with the director of the film festival last week, and he's hoping to get a 'private' showing - possibly even a premiere...
    do i sign up here?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast