Who has the best Won Ton Mein?

Who has the best Won Ton Mein?

which restaurant in Hong Kong has the best Won ton mein? Perfer a restaurant that has an english menu?

Why do you need a menu if you already know you're going to order Wonton mein?

The guidebooks all say Mak's but personally I'm quite keen on the mein at Tsui Wah, next to LKF (maybe drinking 8 pints of beer first has something to do with it...)

Mak's is indeed quite good. They have outlets on both 77 Wellington St and 37 Wing Gut St in Central.

My personal favourite (although I'm not sure if they have an English menu) is Lee Yuen Congee Noodles at 539 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, just behind Sogo. They also do great beef brisket noodles, zha jeung meen (spicy mince on 'dry' noodles i.e. not served in soup) and excellent meatball (pork) congee.

Another good one is Ho Hung Kee Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop, at 2 Sharp East Street, Causeway Bay. They should have an English menu. It's just behind Times Sq, on the way to Lee Theatre Plaza, on the opposite side of the road from GOD.

Note however that at all of these old-school wonton meen places, although servings are quite small, one bowl could set you back about $25-28.

Tsui Wah in LKF and Causeway Bay are good as is a small place on Hennessy Road opposite Southorn Playground.

The best wonton noodle I've ever had is at this tiny little noodle shop out in Mong Kok / Prince Edward area...

Luen Kee Noodle: 364A Portland Street (between Prince Edward Road and Lai Chi Kok Road)

No, they don't speak English.

No, seating is not comfortable.

No, it's probably not the typical expat dining location.

But damn, their noodle is good!

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Is MSG de rigueur in these HK wantan mee (in soup) places?

MSG is de riguer in all chinese fast food.

I stick to Tsui Wah.

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella
    Is MSG de rigueur in these HK wantan mee (in soup) places?

This is the land of MSG.....where MSG flows freely.....

Law Fu Kee Congee and Noodle is quite good. It is on 1) G/F, 144 Queen's Road Central; 2) G/F, 50 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
    Fare: $20-$40

I think they have english menu.