M1NT Hong Kong - Reviews

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

went to M1NT last night and given the hype, was disappointed to say the least. it's surprisingly small and the decor was boring (ok...the shark tank is kinda cool) but there was nothing *special* about it to make it stand out from all the non-exclusive clubs out there. the staff were nice enough, though, so that was a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Netfiend:
    Good Question !!

Not yet ventured to any of the bars/clubs in the area I live in ..
    M1NT happens to be one of them ..
    Any1 who has been will surely throw some light if there is anyone at all .. But compared to Volar, they have less no. of bouncers at the entrance

There is a French(guess so) cafe next to M1NT and is always crowded .. Maybe they draw more crowd than the shareholders' club ..
    The "French" place next door is the Press Room. It serves bistro-type fare that's actually decent most of the time, a rarity in HK to say the least, which is probably why it's always packed. On the other side is a fromagerie called Classified (very likely the first in HK), also owned by the Press Room.

Btw, M1NT can get pretty crowded on Friday nights. Thursdays are another matter - which is actually pretty good because I don't think everyone likes to be squashed amongst sweaty crowds. I guess you could call it exclusivity...

Thought I'd jump in and add a few comments in response to some of the posts. I understand the service was not upto scratch when we first opened. We'd expected 400 guests at the Grand Opening and were suprised to have over 850 arrive so the staff were stretched and service was disapointing. I've been to a lot of openings around the world and no matter how much planning, preparat its always a degree of chaos mixed with ususally a degree of

I came back from London just under a week ago and was pleased to find the cocktails are on par with those prepared in our London club and the staff and service is close to what we are looking to be a standard throughout all our clubs present and future.

<snip snip>

Anyway if you'd like me or one of the staff to show you through the club at any stage please feel free to email me [email protected] or call the club on 2980 3535 and we'd be happy to show you past the finger print detection and let you see all the facilities available.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 09-12-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: advertorials removed ...

My wife and freinds are all shareholders, so we are there quite a bit, and its nice to have a place where you will always see a face you know.

But there have been a few weird incidents that have worried us. Air con leaking, ingredients for cocktails being unavailable 3 weeks after opening, waitress being rude to us wanting to take a seat because 'another shareholder' wanted it when in fact in our group there were three shareholders too!

They have got the interior spot on, very cool uber-trendy, music is rubbish but its not a dance club so it doesnt really matter.

And I dont care what anyone says about the crowd....the whole place is made up of over pretentious bankers who think their masters of the universe and the women there come with an invisible spade (euphamism for 'seeking gold').

I think once they sort out training for the staff and the service gets slicker ( I have waited 20 mins for drinks too ) and they gun down half the crowd (only joking...he he he), then it will be quite a cool place.

Its nice to know that I wasnt the only one treated in such a way, I was starting to think they had something against me! lol.

Im sorry you have also received such ill service, I understand how frustrating it is.

Alistair, I do understand the difficulties with grand openings and the like, and how things can go wrong, etc. I have worked in events myself previously, however I feel the issue is more to do with how things are handled by the staff, and how complaints are dealt with, when a customer informs you that their credit card got misplaced and in a very polite manner as well, not even acknowledging the comment is rather impolite and demonstrates poor customer service. A simple apology would have been more than sufficient.

Good luck with everything.

Member here as well. The place is small but I like the atmosphere. Unlike other clubs in Central. You can actually talk in that place and enjoy your drinks and music.

member policy?

Hey,
    I just moved to Hong Kong and would very much like to see m1nt.. how strict is the member policy? is there a time i could make it in without being a member?
    Thanks!

I believe that if you have money to burn then membership is not a problem.

But given that this business model has already failed in London I think it would be rather reckless to give them your hard-earned cash.

so if thats not worth it.. is there a way of getting in there for one night without getting a member?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3