Pub quiz, Bulldog's, LKF, Tuesday 8:30

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Know Nothing:
    Hey i dont mind putting my 2p worth but not this tuesday, (wont be back in HK yet) but am ok for 27th, send me a pm or something if its on...

Cheers
    In general, there's going to be at least a few Geoexpat people there every week, for the foreseeable future, the way things are now...

We could decide that there's just too much cheating, and move to one of the other quizzes, but at the moment, we're firmly anchored at Bulldogs

Or just get better at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Know Nothing:
    Hey i dont mind putting my 2p worth but not this tuesday, (wont be back in HK yet) but am ok for 27th, send me a pm or something if its on...

Cheers

Not to be rude but who is going to want someone on their team that Know's nothing?

>> Not to be rude but who is going to want someone on their team
    >> that Know's nothing?

He / She might have a blackberry that knowsitall

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Not to be rude but who is going to want someone on their team
    >> that Know's nothing?

He / She might have a blackberry that knowsitall
    But then they won't know how to use it in the first place

You don't need to know how to use a blackberry that knowsitall ..

Back to the scheduled discussion ...

Quote Originally Posted by takamine:
    And a couple of blackberries.
    And people you phone when you don't know the answer.

Puh!

Cheats.
    That sounds like a direct accusation by someone hiding behind an anonymous username.

If we cheated as we have been accused of so many times (as have the campboys) how come we come 2nd and 3rd, as many if not more times than we win. A few weeks ago we came 5th. We won two weeks in a row. First time that has happened for months.

Anyone in the quiz or who has been on this board for a while knows who I am so please feel free to make such a blatant accusation to my face. I'll have Matthew hand the mic over so you can do it publicly.

BTW. No one on our team owns a blackberry.

>> I'll have Matthew hand the mic over so you can do it publicly.

No need to spook him.

I think the best way to resolve this issue is to let Team Dual Core 2 come in with a few laptops. That will take any or all attention away from the various teams who use technological assists.. and force a new rule or two into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchair:
    If we cheated as we have been accused of so many times (as have the campboys) how come we come 2nd and 3rd, as many if not more times than we win. A few weeks ago we came 5th.
    The way I see it is that you may not be good enough to win without cheating and you are not even good at cheating sine you "come 2nd and 3rd, as many if not more times than you win"

Just for the record, as one of the other core members of the Buddha Bellies, it's only a few weeks (9th January to be precise) since I won the quiz solo when the rest of the team were all otherwise engaged. I don't own any sort of PDA and I was sitting very visibly at the bar not touching my mobile. And yes there were, if I recall correctly, 9 other teams playing that night.

(Granted that I did get lucky on the picture rounds that night since recognising movie stars is really not my forte.)

Last edited by PDLM; 27-02-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast