Like Tree7Likes

Movie Theaters / cellphone

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by kjfarr:
    I would happily pay extra for my ticket if I could be guaranteed a mobile-free cinema.
    i would and DO.
    go to Elements Grand Cinema and get tickets for Standard Charter VIP suite. Ticket prices are about double, but it includes free popcorn and soda, a larger "lazy-boy- sofa recliner for each person, and only has like 10 seats or something like that. extremely nice theater to relax and enjoy a movie.

i do not ever use the normal theater anymore because in order to enjoy a movie i need silence and like to get into the characters....only way for me is to watch illegally at home or pay for standard charter suite.
    kjfarr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pacowc3:
    The rants are to be expected... But my question wasn't meant to take a side... Just curious if anyone knew if the signals were really being blocked in palace IFC or other theaters.... Was curious since I read a church In the us tried but it was illegal there. If its happening here then perhaps it's legal?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You can buy a mobile phone signal jammer in HongKong; however, that comes with a strict warning its "for export use/sale only" "not for use in HongKong".

Some theaters I can get a signal some not. I wondered too if the signal was being blocked.
    The structure of the walls and location of the theater could cause very weak signals. Seems that a signal blocker would be the easiest method. There are also devices which can interfere but not totally block signals.