Dim sum for one?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My husband and I have been to Luk Yu twice (once for dinner and once for breakfast dim sum) because it seems to be very famous (based on my guide book)

The first time we went for early dinner and it was ok, although they were not very happy that we didn't order "big meal" like shark fin soup, abalon, etc. They were not very friendly either.

However, as my guide book said that, the restaurant is famous for dim sum, so we went back again for dim sum. I have to say, it was the worse experience we ever had for eating out in HK! The dim sum wasn't really great and the service was TERRIBLE!! They were very rude, ignorant, forgetful, lazy, waiting for each other to serve/answer the guest... you name it! The second time we went, we actually brought visitors, it was sooo embarrassing! My guests actually thought that all HK restaurants are like that!

I will never step foot in that restaurant again! Sorry, eat_drink, no offence! May be we are just bad luck!

Luk yu is definitely a HK institution. It is even mentioned in my Sydney Lau books (which were written way back in the 50's and 60's). Never been though, sounds like it might be fun...