Heavy Metal music lovers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Heavy Metal music lovers

Just moved to Hong Kong, is there any Heavy Metal bars or pubs in Hong Kong, Kowloon or New Territories, and by Heavy Metal I mean Metallica, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage, Tool, etc. and if not then maybe classic rock places with Black Sabath, Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin, etc.

Also are there any heavy metal fans in Hong Kong? getting a little missunderstood listening to hard rock while being surrounded by cheese pop music lovers (I'm not judging, each one has different music taste) just wondering if I have anything in common with people living in HK.
    I appreciate any help or tips on local bands or bars dealing with heavy metal.

i am a big fan of metal music.. sadly hk is not a big fan .. the wanch in wanchai play classical bands on friday sat late nites... rock school is also a good option.
    check out this link
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/8/thread43831.html

Zeroday, thanx so much for the tip, I will check it out this weekend, hopefully I also find heavy metal music lovers there to socialize as I'm new in town and don't know anyone in Hong Kong.

Hi there ! I'm into heavy music too, sadly all i can find in hk has been no more than Ladygaga and similar kinds in the past year and a half (not judging either, i need them for gym sometimes). Newintown1, PM me if u feel up to a heavy metal night this friday - if it doesnt rain cats and dogs that is....

You won't find "alternative" music in HK, or much original live music sadly.

Places I've heard about are The Wanch and Rock School though I heard yesterday that it's closed for a bit???

Cover band wise I've heard that the band at amazon are pretty good old school types

I've been to Dusk til Dawn and insomnia and the bands are good but it's a lot more pop/rock covers

Be nice to have a lovely little metal bar but sadly I just dont think this town is ready for it. I've heard about some MOtorcycle bars which might do the old school stuff when I remember I'll let you know
    Posted via Mobile Device

I've been to Insomia..not good for Metal.. rock and roll mostly...the crowd was....humm...not the metal scene at all! Would love to find a place that places good metal myself..please let me know if anyone finds any place for all us metal fans to hang out together!

hi! we have been here for ages now so I am an expert.......NOT...( five weeks and still getting lost!)!!! The closest we have got to any sort of rock was a trip to the smugglers in stanley where the jukebox has a selection of old-school rock.I miss an english boozer more than anything...have found a couple of decentish bars but still looking! ( Its a hard job, but someone has to do it!)

looking for music player?

Hi dude, i am a fan of all kind of music, but playing maybe what you do not like, like rock/pop music....in fact I am a singer so I can sing in any type of "good music"
    If you would like to play one time, I am trying to create a musical group to have fun there, and stop listtenning to shit music, and just the music we do, so good one....ahahah

I'm a pretty big fan. Wish there was a good place to buy records at. Thankfully, most stores at least have a small metal *section* that has some stuff I like.

When it comes to heavy metal and the likes, HK is not exactly overabundant to say the least. Hidden Agenda ( Hidden Agenda ) and Trinity Records ( Trinity Music Hong Kong ), a HK based heavy metal record label, occasionally organizes shows.
    Hidden Agenda seems to mainly focus on indie pop, but has the occasional heavy metal event as well. Trinity has a small, but great, shop in Mong Kok that I recommend if you want to meet people, chat about music and perhaps find something new. Best selection I've seen in HK when it comes to metal.

Last edited by Mcmxcix; 03-12-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast