Nice dining spot for under $180p/p?

Closed Thread

Nice dining spot for under $180p/p?

Hey guys, I am about to head to HK with a group of friends and might have a belated birthday sort of party there, probably starting with drinks, dinner, then partying and probably on to karaoke.

Basically, I'm guessing we will be around LKF for clubbing so would prefer somewhere we can eat not too far away and maybe for drinks as well. As I want to shout and there's a few of them, my budget would be around HK180 per person or less. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant with a good atmosphere, attractive diners, tasty (doesn't necessarily have to be fine) food, and good drinks? We might get a little dressed up as well (which I noticed isn't really the norm around HK) as in dresses and heels, so is there anywhere appropriate we could go at all within my price range?

I actually quite like the buffets there and have been to the big hotel ones but the diners all seem to be family oriented and casual? Anywhere a little more hip and fun?

TIA!

Knutsford Terrace has some nice places in that range ..

I think Gaylord in TST as a decent buffet for 138 or something. Had a good time there

Thanks for those guys but probably not Indian food - my friends aren't really fans.

Knutsford Terrace looks OK KnowItAll, do you have a rec for a specific restaurant? I don't know if you know Sydney at all but I'm probably looking for somewhere similar to The Blackbird Cafe @ Cockle Bay Wharf or the restaurants in that vicinity. A 20 something to older crowd, stylish people, tasty, modern food and possibly DJs or live (hip) bands playing?

Plus, would we be able to stagger from TST to LKF if some of us were tipsy already? A rec closer to LKF would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by lardlardlard; 11-01-2007 at 09:03 AM.

For $180 ... hmm ... pizza express? They might still have a Jazz night on Thursdays or another weekday.

Also, you can always go to The Cavern and order bar food from Stormies.