Chef for hire to cook at home for a party

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Chef for hire to cook at home for a party

anyone know of a chef who can cook a dinner for about 8 people to celebrate my wife birthday?

we don't want to go to a restaraunt in the current climate in HK and prefer to entertain at home.

Not particular about the cuisine as long it is vegetarian... appreciate any ideas (as the B-day is fast approaching)

thanks

whoever, have asked an english and a french chef to drop in and give you their proposals.

Have a question... what sort of food?

Paul

It's sad that you don't want to go to a restauramt at the moment. I feel that HK is dividing into two groups - those who are carrying on as normal, and those who think the world is about to end and they couldn't possibly do that. The second group seems to think everyone else is doing the same, but I don't see it. My local restaurants in the mid-levels (Rico's, Phukets, Cafe Gypsy, etc.) seem to be perhaps 10-20% down on customers, but still pretty busy. And not a mask or glove in sight.

Why not get all 8 of you out in the fresh air? Take the Kaido from Aberdeen to Mo Tat Wan, walk across Lamma to Yung Shue Wan to work up an appetite (and a thirst) - allow about 2-2.5 hours for this - and then have an excellent veggie dinner at the Bookworm Cafe accompanied by lots of healthy juice and similar drinks. Then the ferry back to Central.

Last edited by Paul; 18-04-2003 at 12:47 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Absolument Paul, je suis allé of de à des pinces de pai de dai dans Stanley aujourd'hui et ai eu un excellent repas de veg de riz des poissons et un complimentery San Miguel pour $30 au-dessous de une personne. Nous avons été bourrés mais malheureusement nous étions la seule table occupée dans cette ruelle arrière, où normalement une devrait combattre pour une table

Kombucha : Yaneke?

Talking

Yaneke:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

)

Cheers,

Hiten

PS: Shri...I'm still here workin my butt of in delhi...u plannin to pay a visit to the city again????

I'm grounded till the end of the month. We're doing out meetings through webcasting tools.

Thumbs up

thanks for all your suggestions....

shri, looking forward to hearing from your contacts.

whoever, the vegetarian request may be a problem.

Questions -- what sort of food? Euro? Asian?
    Do the chef's need to bring the silverware etc?

I'll ask the guys to respond once you've gotten us the info.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast