Like Tree14Likes

Fox Business Network...YES!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I've watched it a couple of times, that was enough. There is plenty of choice out there for news why would I want to watch garbage?

The Sun newspaper (also Murdoch) is the most popular paper in the UK. Nice tits on page 3 is its biggest selling point.

As an example of wonderful Fox reporting:

Last edited by hullexile; 02-11-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Dan, we cannot express an interest in Fox Business as we only have Fox News as an exemplar of the standard and quality of reporting by the broadcaster. I am sure you will find some people who place Fox at the pinnacle of journalistic integrity; however, I'm just as sure you will find people who place Fox far, far below a trapped Chilean miner on the same scale.

I wish you well on your search for that elusive needle in the proverbial haystack.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDan:
    I'm not going to defend Fox News. It's far and away the most popular cable news channel in the USA. There must be a reason for that. If you have evidence of inaccurate reporting or partiality, then please share it. Otherwise, it would be wise not to make false accusations.
    DV
    Hahahahahahahahahahhahah.......... Love the humour in this guy.
    Rather than us doing the leg work I would just point to The Daily Show and Colbert Report to provide the evidence. They do an excellent and entertaining job in this field.

In reality there is no such mythical beast as a uniformly unbiased news organisation these days. Based on my regular viewing experiences there appear to be particularly strong leanings across the political spectrum from certain commentators in all the major news organisations be it the BBC, CNN, AL-Jazeera or Fox. Some of it more overt than others.
    In particular, the traditional delineation between impartial news reporting and editorialising seems to be a very blurred line these days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Loz_2; 02-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    In reality there is no such mythical beast as a uniformly unbiased news organisation these days.
    while i agree...i would say Daily Show is closest thing to it.
    While they do lean slightly to the Dems, they are extremely critical of BOTH parties, and seem to be the only ones with Sanity and/or Fear.

however they arent really a great news source, but more of a news feed. They give you some major headlines, and some basic info to get interested (and a chuckle). But then its up to you to do more research elsewhere to get the full details.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 02-11-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    ...(and a chuckle)...
    Oh, you watch the O' Reilly Factor too, do you!

Fox News is just plain stupid. Don't even start me on that fraud, Glenn Beck.

Here is some Fox people - not sure of their names - but the woman in the middle truely is stupid. What they say about some of the people, including Cat Stevens is just embarrassing.

Last edited by Crocodile; 02-11-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Where is the Poll attached to this thread ?
    **must vote no**

I am going to admit, I have watched fox news more than once at a 'ahem' bar in, lets say hk island side. I found it thoroughly entertaining, I almost forgot to drink my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I have watched fox news more than once at a 'ahem' bar in, lets say hk island side.
    That would be the Comedy Club?