need help on chosing eating-drinking venue

Closed Thread

Cool need help on chosing eating-drinking venue

my friend is planning to open a restaurant & bar venue in China. she is coming over to Hong Kong to sniff around for any interesting concepts, and I need to create a shortlist for our research outing on Saturday night.

to start with, we would like to visit/try as many such places as possible in one evening, and that's why this time we are concentrating on Central, Soho or thereabouts.

her wish list:

- an outlet serving both food and beverages (restaurant & bar, or restaurant & lounge, or a pub)
    - a cosy and welcoming atmosphere, a place to relax and chillout, NOT to see "beautiful people" and "be seen"
    - an Asian decor/design theme
    - price range: cheap to mid-range

any suggestions? thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:
    my friend is planning to open a restaurant & bar venue in China. she is coming over to Hong Kong to sniff around for any interesting concepts, and I need to create a shortlist for our research outing on Saturday night.

to start with, we would like to visit/try as many such places as possible in one evening, and that's why this time we are concentrating on Central, Soho or thereabouts.

her wish list:

- an outlet serving both food and beverages (restaurant & bar, or restaurant & lounge, or a pub)
    - a cosy and welcoming atmosphere, a place to relax and chillout, NOT to see "beautiful people" and "be seen"
    - an Asian decor/design theme
    - price range: cheap to mid-range

any suggestions? thanks a lot!
    Check out star street @ wanchai. new growing hip area. I just learned about it but was told that it's a growing area. 5 minute walk from Admiralty Station and will have a MTR station exist very nearby (pacific 3) soon.

Here is a good place for maps (not searchable but very easy to print and finger search )
    http://www.hkta.org/eng/mustknow/maps/index.jhtml

-Bruce