Is booze really that expensive in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

OK lets do the numbers
    a $5 can in the bad old days would have attracted a duty of $2.
    Now that the duty is $1, the can costs $6 instead of $7.
    According to our bozo as its only a dollar the supplier wont pass it on to him.

Now that $7 can could go for $38.5, so a dollar less they could charge $33 and probably end up selling more.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Has anyone seen a reduction in the price of their favorite tipple at the supermarket?

I asked my friendly neighbourhood supermarket manager this morning, as to when we might expect a reduction, and was told.

" Please I don't know anything about anything-Thank you bye bye"

???

If you go to the Watson Wine site here http://www.watsonswine.com/ they have a long list linked from their first page showing the price changes on some of their stock.

sorry personal; opinion I dun like or fancy Watson's wine collection.. and the staff in there looks werid too...

I've seen surprisingly little advertising by bars about them reducing their prices for beer or wine. Is it because few if any outlets have actually done it?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaxel:
    I've seen surprisingly little advertising by bars about them reducing their prices for beer or wine. Is it because few if any outlets have actually done it?
    I guess simply bcos...its a business decision of they are just plain lazy to actually do a new menu or amend the pricing.. hahah

sake vs wine

the better pricing is in sake and the worst wine (country depending )

I saw Wellcome distributing some leaflets on discounted wine referencing Tangs reduction in duty.. so it is filtering through.

Maybe the bars will look to reduce their prices and do active marketing now that the sevens is over....

Geoexpat could start an approved Bar programme... listing all bars passing on these reductions to the consumer. Good bit of cross marketing me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat:
    I saw Wellcome distributing some leaflets on discounted wine referencing Tangs reduction in duty.. so it is filtering through.

Maybe the bars will look to reduce their prices and do active marketing now that the sevens is over....

Geoexpat could start an approved Bar programme... listing all bars passing on these reductions to the consumer. Good bit of cross marketing me thinks
    Get little Geo cards that give us a discount if we go there....good for the bar and good for Geo

Quote Originally Posted by Monde:
    Get little Geo cards that give us a discount if we go there....good for the bar and good for Geo
    Man, you are such a nerd

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast