Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emmie

Book launch party tonight in Soho

Closed Thread

Book launch party tonight in Soho

Free of charge... all welcome!

No one represents diversity better than Eurasians: those people with a mix of Caucasian and Asian heritage. Once a source of shame, the Eurasian face has become the face that sells. It is the face with which everyone can identify. In an ever-shrinking world, the search is on for a one-size-fits-all global image, and Eurasians have become the world’s poster boys and girls. Taking advantage of increasingly tolerant times and the growing commercial and cultural exchanges between Asia and the rest of the world, Eurasians have found success as actors, entrepreneurs, professionals and athletes.

The Eurasian Face – a book of bilingual interviews and black-and-white portraits taken in Hong Kong and Singapore – reveals how seventy Eurasians of diverse backgrounds see their place in the world today.

Join us for a glass of wine on Thursday, 9th December 2010, 7:00pm, at LOTUS, 5 Staunton Street, Soho, Hong Kong. Tel: 2543 6290. Hope to see you there!

Book launch: The Eurasian Face @ The Blacksmith Books blog

Intriguing.

Will read it.

Only wish I'd known 'bout this book launch a bit earlier.

~ Best wishes & success with it ~

bookblogger likes this.

I'm Eurasian (AKA Amerasian in the states) - and will definitely look into this book in the future. I wish I had known about this book launch sooner! Arrrgh!

We already announced it a couple of weeks ago on our blog, on Facebook, and in our email newsletter, so please sign up for any of those!

Can we buy through our good friend Shri at ShopInHK?

Not really, we don't have this in stock. By the time we get around to having it in stock, everyone will already have one ...

Shri beat me to it! This will be available from Monday.