The Priory - Valentines Day

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I got a drink spilt in my lap at The Priory on Valentine's by the waitress. She was sorry and helped out with napkins etc. I got all wet: suit, shirt and tie. I asked her to do something about the tab since, except for ruining my evening which was not nearly finished, I would have to leave it all to the cleaners later.

She said it was absolutely impossible to adjust the tab and said a new drink was the only thing she could do... I REALLY felt like another drink when I was soaking wet. How stupid can you be? After giving her the evil eye she took away about $50... (cost me well over $100 for cleaning not to mention my night was ruined).

Never going there again, needless to say. I hated Hong Kong nightlife for a day there but thought one stupid person at one club is not gonna pull me down.

Just split this out .. as it was not related to the M1NT.

When someone says "no" I ask them, find me someone who can say yes. At some point, you have to refuse to deal with people who are not authorised to say yes...

I'm surprised there was enough wine in the glass at The Priory to cause much damage! They serve the smallest glasses of very mediocre wine at outrageous prices (probably twice per 75ml glass what the whole bottle costs them).

And, assuming that it was clearly the waitresses fault, then they really should have a better attitude than this.

The place is bankrolled by a gwailo as a means of giving his Filipina (the "manager") something to do instead of working in Wanchai. Maybe KIA should get him to come here and justify his policy on these things. (Don't tell the gwailo's wife though )

Last edited by PDLM; 18-02-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Ah, thanks but I thought last night's drinking was playing games with me I am swedish and usually too polite or do not want to start arguing. This time I did not bother since I was soaked but a "manager" usually knows it's better to have a not-so-unhappy customer compared to a bitter never-going-there-again-and-will-write-posts-at-some-forum customer.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Just split this out .. as it was not related to the M1NT.

When someone says "no" I ask them, find me someone who can say yes. At some point, you have to refuse to deal with people who are not authorised to say yes...

By the way, why did it cost over $100 for cleaning? Dry cleaning a suit costs about $40 hereabouts, and laundering a shirt more or less zero...

>> Dry cleaning a suit costs about $40

May be the owner of the Priory also owns a couple of dry cleaning shops?

It was just a mistake. She hit the table when she was putting the glass down. I got my "Fidel" (light rum, ginger ale and fresh lime) right in the lap, what a waste on such a good drink. Everyone can make a mistake but I should not have to argue about it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And, assuming that it was clearly the waitresses fault, then they really should have a better attitude than this.

>> Maybe KIA should get him to come here

Cant be bothered to be honest. There are some businesses we know, who take reputation management seriously, most others don't give a toss about what is said about them, given that they're in it for the quick buck.

Not that I have a clue who owns the Priory.

I pay $20 per shirt, $18 for a tie so I think my cleaner is more expensive. Last bill was $240 so I am not sure what a suit only costs. They're just across the street and open late. I was pretty impressed that he knew my name after the second time there (I do not go there often).

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Dry cleaning a suit costs about $40

May be the owner of the Priory also owns a couple of dry cleaning shops?

Quote Originally Posted by nikasp:
    I got my "Fidel" (light rum, ginger ale and fresh lime) right in the lap.
    Given the background of some of the staff there you could probably have come to an arrangement for her to attempt to drink it

I have to say that the Priory is empty so often when I walk past (and all the adjacent bars are busy) that I think the attempt to put a Wanchai bar in Central is doomed to fail.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast