starbucks promotion

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

starbucks promotion

Hi,

Starbucks had a promotional offer for a free coffee between 10 AM to 12 PM today.

When i reached at one of their outlet there was a big queue. Luckily at last i was able to get a cuo for me.

Why they are distributing coffee for free. are they very rich and dont have place to keep money or they want to be bankruprt?

I wonder if Krispy Kreme are cutting into their business so they are getting aggressive back?

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    I wonder if Krispy Kreme are cutting into their business so they are getting aggressive back?
    but the strange thing is they are coming up wuth promotions but they are not publicising it

Interesting....I get sms's from KK and emails.

I don't really mind either.

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong

Darn... too bad I missed it. I wonder what the deal is too... me thinks something went wrong, so they decided to give free coffee so no one will say anything.

It's not food or drinks.. but didn't the KCR West Rail have a free ride day because of that little explosion recently?

Anyway... here's hoping more places follow and we can get free hot pot dinners at Cafe de Coral!

there was an article promoting it in the south china morning post on thursday...

unfortunately i dont drink coffee

deleteduser

I can only imagine how long the lineups were.. HKers love their free stuff that's for sure!

You know, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to have lines and lines for non regulars who take up space and will never come back and pay for anything.

Starbucks is a serious meeting place and we spend good money when we go in for pasty and drinks.

Not sure if I'm right but it would sure annoy me.

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong

Very good point karma... but I think maybe it shows that they're just getting desparate?

I dunno about you... but I find that Starbucks here in HK sucks... Back in the US Starbucks are everywhere and they do well... but they don't really have any competition.

Here in HK, Pacific Coffee is WAY better than Starbucks. They're much bigger, has videogames, chess, internet booths, more selection of food and drinks... comfy chairs and sofas... AND there's a lot more of them around than Starbucks.

I don't imagine Starbucks getting anywhere in HK unless they do something drastically different.

I was in Chicago when they first opened and wow I loved them so much. Great concept anyway. I like them all. I don't usally order coffee but I do get their iced teas and pastry.

I like Pacific Coffee places too and even Uncle Russ.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast