Tango milongas

Closed Thread

Tango milongas

Has anyone been to any of the tango milongas at the Fringe? how are they? anywhere else you can recommend?
    i stopped dancing cold turkey for a few months due to work and traveling and am now trying to get back into it. I previously just danced with my argentine tango instructor but would like to meet other milongueros.

You just need to ask me! I've been to all the milongas and know how every one of them are like! Fringe club one is good but the space is small. Nice atmosphere if you're bringing non-tango friends because lots of space to just sit around and drink.

I like to go to the Thurs night milongas at Amico studio because the dancefloor is really nice and many people go. Great music range too - from the classics to variations on the classics to nuevo. And also a good mixture of tango vals, milongos, different styles etc.

Who's your argentine tango instructor? Did you used to dance in Chicago?

I'll be watching the arts fest programme Tango Buenos Aires tonight. The dancers will be attending the Zero Hour milonga on saturday night at Skitz and a number of instructors are in town. Tickets are sold out for the event but you can try to get on the waiting list if you're interested.

Practicas on Tuesdays at Helena May are also quite good. - In general there are lots of good tango events in Hong kong.

Bli, you can ask me ANYTIME about the argentine tango scene =)

mariposita- thanks!
    i went to Tango Buenos Aires last night and it was soooo goood- "succulent" would be how i'd describe it!
    they played everything from the old classics to nuevo to some original pieces, and the dancing was great.
    you'll have a good time.
    i'll PM you or message you on facebook (haha) regarding when i can come out- might not be able to make it this saturday but will let you know about other times.
    happy dancing! btw are you going to 1/5th tonight? i'll be there!