Want to start a Heavy Metal Band !

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Want to start a Heavy Metal Band !

    Hello, I play the guitar, like Children of Bodom, Metallica, Slayer etc Would like to start a band and maybe have a bit of fun, am finding it difficult to meet people though, so far I have found a singer... Are there any other Metal fans out there ?? P.S. I am an Australian 29 years old, but I don't care about your age etc Send me an email if you want [email protected] - I look forward to hearing from you !


  2. #2

    Want to start a Heavy Metal Band !

    Hey daniel123... I've been having a hard time finding people who shares the same taste in music.. I listen to heavy stuff as well.

    Last edited by Editor; 17-03-2011 at 10:25 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,441
    Quote Originally Posted by chiodos:
    Hey daniel123... I've been having a hard time finding people who shares the same taste in music.. I listen to heavy stuff as well.
    But do you play an instrument? The triangle just won't do work a heavy metal band!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    But do you play an instrument? The triangle just won't do work a heavy metal band!
    Yes, I play the guitar but not good enough to be in a band.

    Aside from looking for band members, I think he's also looking for people that share the same taste in music.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Oi! Squad, This is Ammunition and Brendan Ontario

    Go to that event and just talk to band members and people in the crowd, there are a few metal, punk and hardcore bands around Hong Kong like Sheperds The Weak, This Is Ammunition, Defiant Scum. All the people I talk to at these kinds of events are real nice. I am not really a metal fan but I don't mind having a listen every now and then, I like Sheperds quite a lot, This Is Ammunition are not bad. I have talked to Murray from Defiant Scum and he is a really nice and interesting guy.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,687

    Here are a couple of vids of those bands playing. They mostly have their events at The Wanch, Hidden Agenda and Xperience.






  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,687

    Shouldn't this be in the entertainment forum?


  8. #8

    Hello everyone, thanks for replying, I thought entertainment would mean people looking for concert tickets etc, so I put it in this forum as miscellaneous, thanks for posting those videos, it's a good idea, I haven't been to one of these concerts, although I put an ad on the underground website, so I could give it a go. Yes I am looking for anyone that likes the music as well as plays, and if you have a guitar chiodos (is this your name )? I can probably show how to play the songs in a few months or so if you want... It's a bit of a commitment though, aside from that it is just good to talk to someone who shares the interest and can empathize. I don't know why they don't have more local concerts here ??? even small cheap ones that anyone can go to...


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel123:
    Hello everyone, thanks for replying, I thought entertainment would mean people looking for concert tickets etc, so I put it in this forum as miscellaneous, thanks for posting those videos, it's a good idea, I haven't been to one of these concerts, although I put an ad on the underground website, so I could give it a go. Yes I am looking for anyone that likes the music as well as plays, and if you have a guitar chiodos (is this your name )? I can probably show how to play the songs in a few months or so if you want... It's a bit of a commitment though, aside from that it is just good to talk to someone who shares the interest and can empathize. I don't know why they don't have more local concerts here ??? even small cheap ones that anyone can go to...
    @ daniel123 - Chiodos is not my real name, just something I use here. There are quite a few local shows in HK, it's just hard to spread the word since there's not many people who enjoy these kinds of music. There's always a local band called King Ly Chee, really good band... shepherds the weak and others.

    Sometimes we would get the occasional bands from the US to play... we had bands like TERROR, PARKWAY DRIVE, Misery Signal, BANE come visit a last couple of years so that was really good...

    Are you into metalcore as well or just heavy metal?

  10. #10

    Mainly heavy metal and death metal, but I don't mind other things, I even like blues


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast