is Avril Lavigne coming to hk?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Bum:
    I heard about Avril from someone too. But that's been it. But let's be realistic folks... Have you noticed that no one comes to Hong Kong now? You look at concert listing and schedules, and they'll do Japan, maybe even Beijing, then they jump down to Australia. We're the gap..
    Not exactly big acts....but it could be worse....

Hong Kong

Eric Clapton - January 2007
    John Legend - January 2007
    Lloyd Banks - February 2007
    Roger Waters - Dark Side of the Moon February 2007

Hey Climber 07,
    Thank you for being optimistic.
    You're right... I apologise for being a boob in my message. And that Greese Chick is coming August.

Last edited by Dharma Bum; 18-04-2007 at 06:40 PM.

deleteduser

No Dharma, you were right to begin with. Hong Kong is a worldwide city which should be getting more attention from bigger acts that are popular around the world. Nobody gives a $%!+ about eric chapman or roger water... We need some stars~!

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    No Dharma, you were right to begin with. Hong Kong is a worldwide city which should be getting more attention from bigger acts that are popular around the world. Nobody gives a $%!+ about eric chapman or roger water... We need some stars~!
    You are right, but Hong Kong has to do something about that as well. Let's face it, Hong Kong is not exactly a "Culture" capital.....The Museums are shit, The Art Museum is worse than the Art Gallery of Hong Kong University.....Theatre doesn't exist. (Heck look at Tokyo, they're even getting their own production of Broadway's Wicked coming in June). Stuff like that doesn't happen in Hong Kong. But a big part of of it is not that the stars are ignoring it....its because the city isn't doing enough to bring them here.

Some more info on Avril Lavigne

I'm not sure how much more this will add, but I hope it helps.

Avril Lavigne will have a private gig or "party" on 3 May 2007 at HITEC in Kowloon Bay. It's billed as Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing" Party. Approx. 700 tickets are available but are NOT for public sale. Her record label have struck a deal with a number of corporate sponsors for distribution of these tickets. I believe these are Meko the beverage company (main sponsor) and Commercial Radio 2. I understand Yahoo will also distribute a limited number as well as SmarTone-Vodafone through their Music Now Service.

How do I know this, well, before you all shoot me, I work for SmarTone-Vodafone. I hope you accept this as a friendly notification rather than a "commercial" announcement.

I also understand that Avril Lavigne MAY add 1 gig (here in Hong Kong) later in the year to her Asia tour. If it happens then it will be open to general public.

I hope all this helps.

Regards
    Ricky

So much for that idea, it's impossible to get 2 seats together.
    Your lucky u got seats... be it together or apart...
    Her first 2 days concert were all fully sold out in like 2 weeks after it was released...and worst part.... the most expensive seats are sold for her first day concert in 2 hrs!!!

I got the 11 seats on the 20th May....and was darn lucky! But I didnt do the booking , did the booking.. just paid for it...

maybe u can try the web to see the black market ones?

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM:
    Your lucky u got seats... be it together or apart...
    Her first 2 days concert were all fully sold out in like 2 weeks after it was released...and worst part.... the most expensive seats are sold for her first day concert in 2 hrs!!!

I got the 11 seats on the 20th May....and was darn lucky! But I didnt do the booking , did the booking.. just paid for it...

maybe u can try the web to see the black market ones?
    Where do I look?

Where do I look?
    I dunno shouldnt it be like the world cup finals where there is black market...?

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM:
    I dunno shouldnt it be like the world cup finals where there is black market...?
    world what? I thought we were talking about a concert?

Is Avril Lavigne coming to hk?

additional information...

1) According to the BMG's web site, Milk Magazine will distribute ticket too.. The magazine is out today..check it out if u you want to get it..

Or
    2) go to mtvasia web site to win the ticket..close date is tomorrow... Hurry ...