Cricket World Cup Final tonight

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cricket World Cup Final tonight

Hi there

I was considering having a quiet night but now I'm toying up with the idea of watching the World Cup tonight - no doubt it's on a big screen at Bulldogs or some other pub in HK somewhere.

Anyone feel like coming along with me if I go? The game starts at 9pm...

Cheers
    Andrew

I wouldn't be sure about that - I was in Bulldog's the other night watching the semi-final, and at 2:45 they just switched it over to some football game, causing all the gwailos there to get up and walk out en masse. If there's soccer on tonight (and there seems to be every Saturday) then don't rely on Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I wouldn't be sure about that - I was in Bulldog's the other night watching the semi-final, and at 2:45 they just switched it over to some football game, causing all the gwailos there to get up and walk out en masse. If there's soccer on tonight (and there seems to be every Saturday) then don't rely on Bulldogs.
    Really???? Surely they would understand the World Cup final...but then again...

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go then? And anyone want to come?

Even the Kangaroo bar in Wanchai shut up shop an hour before the end of the semi-final, so I couldn't be sure to recommend that. It is an unfortunate fact of life that cricket seems to be a very small minority interest in this town.

(I have other plans tonight at least until midnight, so not sure I can commit to anything after that.)

Really??? Bummer...

I would have thought there would have been at least a small but interested bunch (presumably mostly Aussies) somewhere.

Oh well, any suggestions, anyone????

Delaney's, Wanchai??

Watched one about 5-6 years ago there but don't know if they still do...

A couple of us may try the Cannyman. They usually show it there. Failing that, it'll be Devils Advocate.

And if they shut up early (not likely in the Cannyman), we'll just go back to my place and watch it.

Thanks for the tip

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll go (still a bit jet lagged), but if you see a guy sitting there all engrossed in the cricket come up and say hi. I'll be the guy with the vodka lime soda - trying to keep off the beer for waist reasons

Which bar? The Cannyman?
    If so, save us a seat on the sofa!

Actually I won't be there after all, a friend of mine invited me out to dinner and then watch the game (I am pretty sure he meant at his house rather than a bar). But if he did mean a bar we'll go to the Canny Man and I'll save you that seat.

Last edited by Andrew W Scott; 28-04-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast