Like Tree16Likes

Lesbian Scene - Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Toffee:
    Not sure about the jazz in Gecko but I really recommend Ned Kelly's Last Stand in TST. They do live jazz every night after 9:30 and the happy hour prices are scarily cheap!
    When's the happy hour, and how cheap is cheap?

They opened a tiny sub-section and guessing by the open frolicking I assumed it was! Well at least I have to take my mate's (who happens to be gay) word for it...
    Guessing from the amount of 'friendly' waist-line grabbing by the odd Western bloke or two on the sidelines, of dancing, frolicking women on a 'gals' night out', I'd say 'What tiny sub-section?'

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    When's the happy hour, and how cheap is cheap?
    Happy hour starts at half 11 in the morning and ends at 9 in the evening!

The jugs of Carlsberg, Guiness et al get sloshed 30% or more (can't remember the exact details) during happy hour. The fun starts when the live band - a group of 50-60 year old men who are surprisingly good and enthusiastic who get the crowd buzzing with their banter. I'd happily pay just to watch them which makes the place even more irresistible - there's no cover charge either!

Avoid the food though, there's much better places in TST to line up your stomach!
    Last edited by Chewy Toffee; 30-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.

The fun starts when the live band - a group of 50-60 year old men who are surprisingly good and enthusiastic who get the crowd buzzing with their banter.
    I'm not sure PDLM would enjoy hanging out with such youngsters

I m pretty shy to go to any lesbian bar/ club alone, sine all my friends are openly straight. I usually say i m straight but i guess i m more attracted to women actually. And its hard because some lesbians may think u take the bi side for convenience.

Not to take away from the lesbian point of this thread, but uni-students must make a lot of dough because I didn't find Ned's price cheap, not my frugal wallet anyways. I went for the live jazz and did have a nice enough time however.
    Happy is until 9pm. Most drinks are $70, HH is $50, jugs $140-$180 – average, not scary cheap
    a few blocks away, Tequila jacks has margaritas for $29 HH - open restaurant but no music.
    The band at Ned's played lounge jazz not bar blues/jazz as I would have expected. No amusing banter from them either though they all did seem quite content to sit and not move, except to play their instrument and smile, but to be fair they probably couldn't move anyways since the stage was quite small and crammed with stuff and also these 5 fellows weren't slimjims either so it was probably best everyone stays where they were.
    Also not really a place to pick up people lesbian or otherwise, or a place to drink with your mates. The music makes it kind of awkward IMO. I went on a weeknight and a couple of single people wandered in but they soon left after one drink perhaps weekends are different.

I also would like to find a club that has many lesbians in HK. Now in former times, one could make a menage with 2 women, without this being called "lesbian" as such, and I am sure this must also be desired in Hong Kong. Of course there would be some clubs that are perhaps more hardcore lesbians, which are WOMEN ONLY, but these are likely to be for the butch lesbians that look like chubby men, with short hair and so on. In other words, not what I would like to see. But what I mean is a club that has more young attractive and very feminine lesbians, that also would enjoy an occasional male to be present. Is there such a thing in Hong Kong?

olalonde and nothingswrong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chateau:
    I also would like to find a club that has many lesbians in HK. Now in former times, one could make a menage with 2 women, without this being called "lesbian" as such, and I am sure this must also be desired in Hong Kong. Of course there would be some clubs that are perhaps more hardcore lesbians, which are WOMEN ONLY, but these are likely to be for the butch lesbians that look like chubby men, with short hair and so on. In other words, not what I would like to see. But what I mean is a club that has more young attractive and very feminine lesbians, that also would enjoy an occasional male to be present. Is there such a thing in Hong Kong?
    Keep dreaming.
    olalonde likes this.

So Chateau wants lipstick lesbians as opposed to
    Dungarees dykes!

virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chateau:
    Another male who thinks that lesbians are there to titilate them. The last thing true lesbians would want is some lecherous male ogling them while they get it on together, unless of course it's a monetary deal. In which case they don't need to be lesbians!
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 03-06-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast