spiderman-3? your comments

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM
    so anyone keen to watch the pirates of the carribean when its starting this thursday ?
    Co-starring one of Lamma's finest no less!

It'll be worth watching just to see Keith Richards.

Fully agree with this assessment

Quote Originally Posted by goleoboy
    can't stand a crying superhero... and it was too long and cheesy. kirsten dunst is totally irritating... none of the cast were excited about this sequel...
    Cannot agree with you more! Aunty May comes a close second as most annoying female character - all that moralising got on my nerve. The action scenes were good but somehow the director felt the need to add a 'story' somewhere in between, which meant we had to suffer through all those Aunty May and Emm-Jay scenes. I hope the next Spiderman will be without these two characters but I somehow doubt it.

I thought the film had a largely different tone to the first 2. There was a lot of sarcasm in the dialogue, and quite frankly, a lot of cheesy dialogue, mundane acting on the end of James Franco as well.

I also didn't like how they totally shifted away from the storyline of the comics, but nonetheless, I understand that changes need to be made to traverse characters effectively onto different forms of medium.

But honestly, what was with the slapstick over-the-top comedy, like the scenes when Peter Parker thought he was "all that". It was funny, and enjoyable, but I believe Sam Raimi really butchered the chance to create a really dark, menacing, and good finale to the Spider-man movie franchise. One of the most menacing characters in all of comic books, was played by none other than.. Topher Grace.

W-O-W.

Last edited by mr_dimsum; 14-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.

Some interesting replies, I guess it was a love it or hate it movie! I t did't do anything for me, I won't be rushing to see Spiderman 4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funnie
    hmm. after the spede-3 experience , will prefer to wait for a week after release to know its review and then decide.
    So u will be watching it at which location ???? hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM
    So u will be watching it at which location ???? hee hee
    watched the trailer for PoC-3. It looks similar to PoC-2.

Quote Originally Posted by funnie
    watched the trailer for PoC-3. It looks similar to PoC-2.
    Give us the link.. I caught it at the cinemas when I was watching spidey then.....oh well...

its POC what u expect ?

"Would you like some cheese with that whine?"

Wow, 5 pages of people whining about how horrible Spider Man 3 was.....

I'm sorry, but what exactly did you guys expect??? Did you think you were going to see a cinematic masterpiece.....an inspired genius creation to the likes of Citizen Kane?

1. Its a big money Hollywood Production (which in itself should imply to most people that there will be cheesy cliches and little to no thought process involved) = $$$ spent on special effects and not on story.

2. Spiderman3 was a third installment of a film based on a "COMIC BOOK" (just wanted to clearify that again).

3. Let me guess, you were expecting Toby Maguire & Kirsten Dunst (TWO MAGNIFICENT TALENTS )to finally turn in those Oscar winning performances we expect from a 3rd installment of a comic book series! Wow I can just see those two channelling the on-screen chemistry of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Please...

People, if you manage your expectations then most of the time you will not be dissapointed. If you pay for crap and expect to see gold...that's your own problem and just stop whining about it. Just enjoy the entertainment value of it and stop with the analysis. There are much better films that deserve it. Unfortunately, most of them never see the light of the large scale theatre play.

There are much better films that deserve it. Unfortunately, most of them never see the light of the large scale theatre play.
    Those that do NOT deserve it are the awful portrayals of Flash, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider.

I didn't read the whole thread but I really enjoyed Spiderman 3 (probably a 8.5 / 10 with 1 point knocked off for the sheer annoyingness of Kirsten Dunst and 1/2 a point knocked off for the bit where Spidey cries). Given some of the sh!te that Hollywood puts out there and which makes millions, I thought that this was a good quality film and the 2 1/2 seemed to pass pretty quick. Maybe if I had read the Spidey comics, watched the Spidey cartoons, bought the Spidey t-shirts I might have spotted where the movie / characters diverge from the original. However, not being burdened with that, I that it was great!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast