spiderman-3? your comments

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

spiderman-3? your comments

Finally the wait was over and Got a chance to watch to spidey on tuesday..
    oh my god.. how can they make such a movie. too long, too many villians, full of emotions and sandman and venom were kicking spidey ass thru out the movie....
    Spidey looks like a victim rather than a Hero

I think spiderman sequel are goind worse.. spiderman -1 was the best then spider -3 is the worst

funnie : your comments are fairly spot on from what we heard from a friend who's seen it.

Personally thought it was too dark and violent to take my 5 year old to see.

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong

As a comic book/scifi/Spidey fan, I loved it. Sure some parts were cheesy, and I agree with KIA that it'd be too violent to take young children (in the US it's rated PG-13 right?). I thought 2 was the best, then 3 and then 1.

Sure it doesn't follow the comics exactly, but this is supposed to be the final Spidey movie, so they had to make it special. Before I saw it, I also wondered how they'd pull off having so many villains in the same movie, but I thought they did a great job there. The villains also all had motivations and some back story to them rather than being just plain evil.

My biggest beef with the movie is some of the blatent religious and especially 'patriotic' imagery. That was a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy
    As a comic book/scifi/Spidey fan, I loved it. Sure some parts were cheesy, and I agree with KIA that it'd be too violent to take young children (in the US it's rated PG-13 right?). I thought 2 was the best, then 3 and then 1.

Sure it doesn't follow the comics exactly, but this is supposed to be the final Spidey movie, so they had to make it special. Before I saw it, I also wondered how they'd pull off having so many villains in the same movie, but I thought they did a great job there. The villains also all had motivations and some back story to them rather than being just plain evil.

My biggest beef with the movie is some of the blatent religious and especially 'patriotic' imagery. That was a bit much.
    but dont you think that spidey got his ass kicked by the villian every time he took them. then harry turning into a friend , change of heart of sandman...

Hey funnie, maybe we should refrain from posting spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet... any way to change that KIA?

But as far as those 3 things you've listed... I thought they were nice changes... otherwise it'll just be a completely mindless action flick where the hero wins all the time. And wouldn't it be even less believable (not to mention boring) if Spidey was winning and beating both villains at the same time? As for Sandman, I think it was also good because it gave his character some depth. Otherwise he'd just be some one dimentional evil for the sake of being evil bad guy without any motivation or redeeming qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy

Look at the news, spiderman 4 is coming soon
    Untitled Spider-Man Reboot (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Grungerock
    Look at the news, spiderman 4 is coming soon
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/
    wondering who will be the peter park in spidey-4... And what will be story after the death of Harry.

Saw it this afternoon. I'd heard reports of good reviews and so was interested.

I was really quite dissapointed, especially in terms of the blatant American patriotism.

The whole film was just not subtle.

The emotions were completely overdone. Nothing was implied. It had to be served up to you with no ambiguities.
    The plot was quite sparse and there was too much happening.

An hour through, we were shocked that we still had another hour to go, so much had happened.

Not the worst film I've seen. That has to be Eragon. At least I didn't pay for this one!

Thanks for the link Grunge and for correcting me. I haven't kept up with movie news in a while... so what I heard about 3 being the last was back when 3 was announced probably... haha. I actually didn't even know WHEN 3 was going to come out till a week earlier.

And ispikes, just wondering... what did you think of the previous 2 movies? I didn't read any spoilers or reviews before watching Spidey 3 and I just went in expecting a nice and fun summer blockbuster, which it was. I don't expect these types of movies to have all that much subtlety or a deep plot that keeps me thinking and guessing. I completely agree with the blatent American patriotism there. What the hell was that all about?

Oh and WHY did you pay to see Eragon?

I went to Cyberports cinema to try to see it this eve but the 6:25 and 7 and 7 something were pretty well soldout except the lovely front row !

They are running it in 2 cinemas all day and it's still sold out. Pretty amazing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast