Wimbledon

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Dickens is a nice place, but being in a 5* hotel it's up at the same price level as Coast. If that's not an issue then fine, but there are other much cheaper places around.

The Excelsior is 4*,maybe with 5* prices and rounded up service charge, but the guy wants sports and expats in Causeway Bay, and there really are not any other places in this area that will provide that that I can think of.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely check out the excelsior. You're right, there really aren't too many sports bars in Causeway Bay! But do a lot of expats live in Causeway Bay?

I live in the area close to SOGO and the Wellcome 24 hr "superstore", and it's pretty rare to see other expats there, which is why the rental prices here are still pretty reasonable.

I can't help on other areas of Cwb.

As PDLM points out, there are many considerably cheaper, and for me more fun, places to drink,often in the upstairs bars, but you won't be around expats.

Last edited by Cwbguy; 22-06-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quite a few expats live in Causeway Bay and around there, yes, and many more work there and might drink in places like the East End Brewery after work. Depending on which part of Causeway Bay you're in you might find Happy Valley convenient - I believe there are a few expat-oriented bars there, but I've never been so can't recommend any.

You can try Champs sports bar at the Charterhouse hotel on Wanchai Road. Guess it should be cheaper than Dickens or Coast

Thanks! I'll check out places in wan chai as well. let me know if you think of any more places! thanks so much!