Like Tree6Likes

Just arrived....errr help?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    'you don't scare me, you are a pussy in my presence, you have no place here, begone; fear; begone.'
    Glad to see that you and luckycat have come a long way since then and are now good friends.
    luckycat and virago like this.

Hey, hey!

I live in CWB for almost 4 months now and have to (unfortunately!) leave HK in september for going back to Germany. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know! Always nice to meet new people!

Goodness - CWB - no wonder you are depressed!

I second the meetup suggestion ... for example the hiking meetup group will get you out of CWB and into the greener parts of HK quickly and help you overcome the "concrete jungle" feel of HK!

I actually like the concrete jungle here and don't wanna get out :P But yeah... like the greener parts as well and especially the beaches

Quote Originally Posted by virago:

Go forth, look fear in the eye and say, 'you don't scare me, you are a pussy in my presence, you have no place here, begone; fear; begone.'
    OP should not be saying this if Chateau is nearby! You know what he thinks when a woman says no in these parts - it could mean yes.

*shrugs* i dont see what the problem is with CWB....ive lived there for two years already. Sure its crowded, but where isnt it in HK? Theres a ton of stuff there, all within walking distance....i see it as extremely convenient.

hk2011:) likes this.

guess it makes some people feels intimated. CWB is the only place I ever hang out at, as I can't stand bleeding MK and TST is too classy to me. CWB's just right, World Trade Centre area for semi-lower class shops, Times Square for classier crap.

If you're running around solo... then i've got bad news for you

I'd have to agree! I've been in CWB for about 2 months now, and find it very convenient. I could never live in Kowloon!

There are plenty of interest groups, i.e Hiking, drinking & clubbing, reading etc..
    try to find one that you like and join them to start off with..
    Then may be find other expat that lives near you may be?