Like Tree6Likes

Just arrived....errr help?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just arrived....errr help?

Just arrived in Causeway Bay, and as expected the 'why did I do this?!' feeling has just started to set in. Any suggestions on how to quickly get over this/how to make some new friends here would be appreciated! I did a move to Germany last year and experienced the same woeful despair (melodramtic I know!), thought it might be easier this time - apparently not!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzierm:
    Just arrived in Causeway Bay, and as expected the 'why did I do this?!' feeling has just started to set in...
    Don't worry, this is common. I usually feel this way when I go to Causeway Bay too, particularly on Sundays.
    bookblogger and kittyctc like this.

Go out to eat, drink and socialize. Fastest way to meet new people. You can essentially set up to see who would like to meet for drinks dinner etc and see where it goes from there.

Try looking on the Meet & Greet forum on here - lots going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzierm:
    Just arrived in Causeway Bay, and as expected the 'why did I do this?!' feeling has just started to set in. Any suggestions on how to quickly get over this/how to make some new friends here would be appreciated! I did a move to Germany last year and experienced the same woeful despair (melodramtic I know!), thought it might be easier this time - apparently not!
    Which MTR station did you depart from?

Welcome to HK. Who's up for drinks in Causeway Bay?

A few of us are going to harbour grand a fortress hill for a drink at 8 tonight. Let me know!

Check out Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup There's lots of great meetups. I'm a regular at Hong kong Pub Quiz and have met some pretty cool new friends in the past several months.

Good Luck!

Why did you make the move so quickly?

Either you are one confused lady or you are running away from something?

I take it that you are single, - I won't say career w**** as I once was, but I'd say before you mix with the peope you don't want to mix with for the sake of having human company, take a chill pill, and look around.

How long were you in Germany? Having a German background myself, the country differs varstly in different parts, aka, people, dynamics, politics, you name it, even dialects. Seems to be like that is other countries I've lived in, but it's different for everyone.

I lived in Berlin for 2 yrs - left because of family health issues back in home city ( dearly regret it, and my hubby knows, boy he knows...) but speaking from experience, ( and you don't have to take my advice cos' 50% of the time, I don't ) get to know the 'place' before you get to know the 'face'.

i.e: don't wear your heart on a sleeve here as just about everyone is out for an opportunity ....

P.S. you'll be 'right. Check out some of the groups on the geoexpat groups forums.

Last edited by Natfixit; 18-07-2011 at 09:34 PM.

As they say, when patterns are broken, new worlds emerge.

I think you need to embrace change for what it is, a new beginning. A chance to make a fresh start. There is a reason why you did it, you just have to remember it.

There is a message in there somewhere to break old habits, loosen those negative habits, try something new, a better place to begin again. And in that new beginning we change, we change ourselves for the better.

Go forth, look fear in the eye and say, 'you don't scare me, you are a pussy in my presence, you have no place here, begone; fear; begone.'

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast