Like Tree1Likes

anyone going to the red hot chili peppers/mars volta gig tonight?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    RHCP were great, but the video screens were horrible, there was a noticeable lag between between sound and video
    luckily, I was close enough to the stage not to need the screens..
    Anyone have experience with other shows at Asiaworld? Are the displays usually out of sync?
    Given that sound travels at about 300m/s and that the arena might be 150m deep the basic laws of physics say that by the time the sound reaches the back or the arena it's going to be about half a second delayed from the video. (Half a second is a pretty noticeable delay.) So my guess is that the video was deliberately lagged by that fraction of a second so that for the people at the back of the hall (who needed the video) the two would be in sync.

I've never really thought about this before, but it's pretty obvious when you do.
    Last edited by PDLM; 15-08-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    shri likes this.

PDLM - that was what I was thinking too, it would be nice to have this confirmed by any sound engineers who may be reading !

i was at the back, slight out of sync as well, the long throw speakers (presumed video screens were delayed fractionally) were not sync, noticable, but did not spoil the occasion.