The Peking Duck Crown Goes To...

Closed Thread

The Peking Duck Crown Goes To...

..."The American Restaurant" in Wanchai. Had the most fabolous Peking Duck there tonight that I have had in my lifetime, besting that of Spring Deers (Albeit Spring Deer is still my FAVORITE RESTAURANT in Hong Kong!)...

11/10.

As you probably cant afford to go to Fuk Lam Moon ( Wanchai and TST ) you will never know what you have missed !
    This most expensive, some might say exclusive, dining experiance in all HK is the benchmark for anyone serious on Chinese food.

Fook Lam Moon serves Peking Duck!?

The American Peking restaurant is really good. I remember eating pigeon there as a kid and being horrified that that's what we were eating, but man, was it ever delicious.

Known as the canteen of tycoons, Fuk Lam Moon signature dish is Braised Most Superior Sharks Fin with Brown Sauce. Their other classic dishs are Braised Abalone with Goose Web, deep fried crispy chicken, roast suckling pig, baked stuffed crab meat and onion in shell and a variety of double-boiled soups.

Peking Garden, Alexandra House, Central.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybear:
    Peking Garden, Alexandra House, Central.
    Peking Garden(s) Duck seriously can't touch The American Restaurants One, think on it, with the sheer volume Peking Garden does, there is not much care put into it - merely just comparing the pancake accompanying the animal already shows the inferiority. Whilst I am not saying the Peking Garden duck is bad, just citing the fact that it is "okay" whereas the American Restaurant's duck is truly spectacular...

American Restaurant is famous for the Roast Spring Chicken; not the Peking Duck.