Best live music in Wan Chai

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I went to Spicy Fingers last weekend and they had one amazing band

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I was talking about the band in Amazonia. Used to be a good (though all male unfortunately) band but I have not seen them for a while. I don't know if they have moved on or whether I have just been too early.

On the guy, I agree it sounds odd.
    You’re right, they start at 11 – quite outstanding IMHO and constantly changing their material. The other band kick off earlier but are distinctly missable (no pun intended). Not sure why you think it’s unfortunate they’re all guys – aren’t there enough females on show there already?

I’m surprised the musie snobs haven’t picked up on this yet and pooh-poohed cover bands . So another option is squeezing into D to D to sample the latest indie offerings, if that’s what they’re called.

A bunch of very talented musicians jam in the Wanch (oops, did it again) on Sunday but sometimes it’s crap.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Is the band (all male) band from the summer still around at Amazonia -classic hard rock? (Same one you mentioned, PDLM?). Couldn't help but be surprised at how much of a carbon copy note for note to my old 45 their performance of Deep Purple's Black Night was. Instrumentation, that is (vocals tried hard to mimic Ian Gillan but were really thin and overpowered by the bass).

But perfect imitation isn't really my preferred scene. Actually, to OP, if cover is not an absolute must, google and find out where Chris is currently running The Underground. It was once at Venue where Amazonia now stands, then the former Les Visages and lately largely central. Maybe she'll have it back in Wanchai one of these days.