Best live music in Wan Chai

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best live music in Wan Chai

Ok, need some opinions here... I am getting a little bored with going to Insomnia for my live music fix and need to mix it up.

What is the best bar in Wan Chai for live cover bands? Amazonia, The Wanch, or Dusk til Dawn? I have been to Dust til Dawn and wasn't overly impressed. Opinions?

Amazonia if you like the heavier styler rock stuff. And make requests - they are much better when they know they are playing something that someone wants to listen to rather than just churning out the same old set for the patrons who aren't really there for the music (IYSWIM).

DON'T GO TO AMAZONIA

Hi, a friend of mine was assaulted by the bouncers here, quite severely: they broke his leg. His crime was walking into the wrong toilet by mistake. Yes, he was drunk. No, he didn't walk into the ladies on purpose. He was pushed out of the bar, falling several times, then beaten by four of them. They left him for a brief period before going back to him (unconcious at this point) and continuing. The doormen then walked around a corner and were replaced with 'new' doormen as if nothing had happened. Unsurprisingly, the bar said the CC tv inside and out wasn't turned on when requested by the police, and none of the door staff saw anything. PLEASE DO NO PATRONISE THIS PLACE.

Or better still, don't walk into the ladies' toilet.

one of the bands at Spicy Fingers is pretty good.

I think people like Amazonia, for the scantilly clad, large breasted singer

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Of course!!!! who cares about the music. LOL

one of the bands at Spicy Fingers is pretty good.

The last couple of times it has been a different band - with a female singer (who hardly ever sang so dodgy job description and not as described above that I noticed). Are the old band still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Laz:
    Hi, a friend of mine was assaulted by the bouncers here, quite severely: they broke his leg. His crime was walking into the wrong toilet by mistake. Yes, he was drunk. No, he didn't walk into the ladies on purpose. He was pushed out of the bar, falling several times, then beaten by four of them. They left him for a brief period before going back to him (unconcious at this point) and continuing. The doormen then walked around a corner and were replaced with 'new' doormen as if nothing had happened. Unsurprisingly, the bar said the CC tv inside and out wasn't turned on when requested by the police, and none of the door staff saw anything. PLEASE DO NO PATRONISE THIS PLACE.
    And no customers as witnesses?

There are few different bands that rotate thru Spicy/Sticky fingers, so its random which is playing.

As to the guy in Amazonia, sounds highly unlikely they would beat a guy just for walking into the wrong bathroom.

There are few different bands that rotate thru Spicy/Sticky fingers, so its random which is playing.

As to the guy in Amazonia, sounds highly unlikely they would beat a guy just for walking into the wrong bathroom.
    I was talking about the band in Amazonia. Used to be a good (though all male unfortunately) band but I have not seen them for a while. I don't know if they have moved on or whether I have just been too early.

On the guy, I agree it sounds odd.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast