Like Tree2Likes

Clubbing in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well he did mention hookers

christopher: which bars did you go to in wanchai?

this is my impression of the clubs in central:

prive - best music - consistently good music but hard to get into between midnight and 3am and the most crowded of all the clubs.

play - biggest dance floor and music pretty good too but again, hard to get into.

hyde - easy to get into but music is either very good or truly awful

beijing club - music also good but particularly rude doormen, cigarette smoke particularly strong and complete meat market.

billion - same owners as bejing so same comments apply.

shakeshake - pretty friendly doormen and music ok.

dragon-i - good music and nice outdoor terrace bit if you want a breather but notorious door staff.

likuid - music ok and great if you want more of an expat crowd that is also down-to-earth (bejing club is probably the opposite end of the spectrum)

volar - place is like a maze inside, music not that good and has a fairly pretentious feel to the place - place frequented by expat-model types.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    christopher: which bars did you go to in wanchai?

this is my impression of the clubs in central:

prive - best music - consistently good music but hard to get into between midnight and 3am and the most crowded of all the clubs.

play - biggest dance floor and music pretty good too but again, hard to get into.

hyde - easy to get into but music is either very good or truly awful

beijing club - music also good but particularly rude doormen, cigarette smoke particularly strong and complete meat market.

billion - same owners as bejing so same comments apply.

shakeshake - pretty friendly doormen and music ok.

dragon-i - good music and nice outdoor terrace bit if you want a breather but notorious door staff.

likuid - music ok and great if you want more of an expat crowd that is also down-to-earth (bejing club is probably the opposite end of the spectrum)

volar - place is like a maze inside, music not that good and has a fairly pretentious feel to the place - place frequented by expat-model types.
    How about Maya & Trafaglar in Wan Chai?

Quote Originally Posted by Marksandspencer:
    How much bottles/glasses did you buy?

Just on the rum and coke's all night cant remember how many I drank but I was out until 6am

Weird comments about the music of the particular clubs. Volar is the only one that ever has good music (sometimes). I guess the other ones are good if good music means Black Eyed Peas, David Guetta and Swedish House Mafia on repeat. But Volar sucks because of the awful layout and the wanker crowd. Plus, no club nor DJ in HK is worth $300 entry.

Fly and Taz are pretty decent... I'd avoid billionaire and Beijing

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    Weird comments about the music of the particular clubs. Volar is the only one that ever has good music (sometimes). I guess the other ones are good if good music means Black Eyed Peas, David Guetta and Swedish House Mafia on repeat. But Volar sucks because of the awful layout and the wanker crowd. Plus, no club nor DJ in HK is worth $300 entry.
    Majority rules and therefore commercial chart/RnB/hip-hop rules - they play that because people demand that.

I would agree that no club is worth $300+ especially when the drinks are about $100+ each...

Fly is only good if you like house music.

Taz is not really a nightclub - more of a bar...

Cheers for the advice guys + agree theres no club worth paying 300hkd unles its an all day night pool party

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog2:
    How about Maya & Trafaglar in Wan Chai?
    You are a complete moron aren't you?
    christopher!!! and Loz_2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher!!!:
    Cheers for the advice guys + agree theres no club worth paying 300hkd unles its an all day night pool party
    is this the hed kandi or w hotel party you are referring to?