clubs of hong kong

clubs of hong kong

Hi everybody,

nice forum!
    I would like to know where the clubs and discotheques are in HK.
    I already know the xpat area (Wan chai, Lockhart, luard,...) but I m looking for a more "chinese" area.
    Does anyone know the places?

thx

fly

Depends what you are lookng for, drinking, discos, bars? How about Knutsford Terrace in TST? Henry House in CWB? Also Cyber and 348 towards Jordan? 1/5 in Star Street?

"Chinese" bars

One of my friends recommended that I check out bars in Causeway Bay so when I was walking through there the other night my friend and I stumbled into the Oasis Wine Bar...I must say that that was a very interesting experience and that we didn't fit the clientele demographic by a longshot. They still served us though...I think they were highly amused that we were even there.

Twas very Asian what with karaoke and dice games. I've seen dice games in some other bars, for example Ampelon on Ashley.

-Tony

I think it's great that there are some people (here) who are willing to explore the local scene here.

I was curious however about the "quotation marks" around the words "Chinese Bars". I may be a bit hung-up on semantics, but it can be interesting how terminology can be indicative of underlying thoughts, and how a change in terms can also change thinking.

I refer to them as "Local bars". I know they're different than what most are used to, but they are local.

I think it helps to be reminded who the minorities are. Although it was founded as a colony of Britain, this place is inhabited by the Chinese and the culture as well is distinctly Chinese. Often I am reminded of the effort which Chinese invested into their lives as "expats" back home. It was evident how they worked hard to adapt - learning English, and the way of life with very little in the way of communication (TV, Radio) for even the most basic of things. They had to.

My two cents...or 50 cents HK.

P.S. I like the local bars in Prince Edward and Tsim Sha Tsui. The local ones in TST are pretty easy to find, right there off of Nathan Road outside the MTR exit.