JAzz and blues venues

Closed Thread

Question JAzz and blues venues

Hi,
    recommendations on any clubs/venues with good jazz or blues live performances in HK to take a (discerning) visitor? I like listening to jazz and blues, but am hardly a connoisseur

Last edited by shanx999; 21-07-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Smile

Yes I am also interested in live Jazz music but unfortunately it is not popular in HK!! The best one has been at Kowloon Shangri La Hotel, but the jazz bar has become an ordinary restaurant.... sigh

Just know that there is a live performance of Jazz at Fringe Club, but I dunno whether the band is still there....

Elaine Liu is an amazing jazz singer and she performs at the Fringe Club quite often. Check BC magazine and see when she'll be performing next.

Blues / Jazz club

There is a new club called Bloomers that opened up a few weeks ago..

The address is:

Bloomers
    First Floor
    63 Wyndham Street
    Central

I’ll actually be playing their for a Blues Night this friday Aug 10th, 9:00pm – 12:00 pm

Everyone is invited! Hope you can make it…

They have Blues on Friday's, and Jazz during the rest of the week except for Sunday which is a Jam night...

Jake

Thanks Jake. I was wondering what happened after Dinamoe Hum closed. I just came back from US after a long departure, wondering where have all the blues gone.

Try Le Rideau on Hollywood Road. It's a jazz/dinner place that was only recently opened. Check their website and see if anything catches your eye.

www.lerideau.hk

Blues Night

I am jamming again Friday night 8/17 @

Bloomers
    First Floor
    63 Wyndham Street
    Central

9:00pm – 12:00 pm

Hope you can make it..

Jake

Blues Rock at the FCC

If anyone's up for some Blues Rock then Red Star Rising are playing at Bert's Bar in the basement of the FCC (Foreign Correspondents' Club, next to the Fringe Club near the top of Lan Kwai Fong) tomorrow (Saturday 27/9 from about 8pm). As always there's reasonably priced food and a cheap bar (bottled beer $21-29, house spirit+mixer $21-27, wine from $24/glass), and a pool table.

The venue is quite small, and the crowd tends to be older - more 30/40 somethings than teenagers, but don't let that put any youngsters off.

You do need to be a member to buy food & drink, but many people here are or know someone who is. If you really want to come and don't know any members then PM me and we can probably come to an arrangement.