American TV shows in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool American TV shows in HK

Guys, just wondering if these cheesy American tv shows are anywhere to be found on HK cable tv? If so, what channels? Anyone...? (and are they just reruns or can you actually watch the latest/updated seasons...?) If you can help that would be great...then i'll know what channels we should subscribe to on Now :-) (bit lazy going thru all their channel offerings to browse show titles...) ;-)

- America's next top model
    - The Hills (on MTV)
    - Kathy Griffith's My Life on the D-List
    - Project Runway
    - Hey Paula!
    - Shows from Food Network ? Travel Channel? HGTV?

Also no TIVO service yet huh? Any developments on that front??

Not sure about the rest but America's Next Top Model has just finished showing on Pearl on Sunday nights. But I also think either Star World or one of the music channels "channel v" is showing it.......

oh Project Runway....used to be televised by Pearl on Saturday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by goleoboy:
    Guys, just wondering if these cheesy American tv shows are anywhere to be found on HK cable tv? If so, what channels? Anyone...? (and are they just reruns or can you actually watch the latest/updated seasons...?) If you can help that would be great...then i'll know what channels we should subscribe to on Now :-) (bit lazy going thru all their channel offerings to browse show titles...) ;-)

- America's next top model
    - The Hills (on MTV)
    - Kathy Griffith's My Life on the D-List
    - Project Runway
    - Hey Paula!
    - Shows from Food Network ? Travel Channel? HGTV?

Also no TIVO service yet huh? Any developments on that front??
    Last edited by paulwilky76; 29-07-2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added Project Runway

The most "American" channel is AXN, but it carries shows more like 24 and Lost than what you are mentioning.
    HGTV? Most of that network doesn't apply to HK as you probably won't have an H nor a G.
    Some of the Discovery Channel stuff is like the travel channel/food network/HGTV, etc....

Thanks guys! I think i saw 'The Hills' on MTV Asia after browsing thru the nowtv site.

Know what you mean. I miss Laguna Beach, The Hills, etc and those terrible MTV shows such as My Sweet 16 etc, somehow Lost etc just doesn't cut it when I need to switch off.

As an alternative you could hop across the border and buy seasons of these shows.

Yep, MTV Asia you can watch full episodes of The Hills online on the site
    ANTM is on channel v, however they're showing old episodes
    Food network..try Asian Food Channel=527
    Travel should be 213

I got both cable and nowtv, but I'm still struggling to get my fix. They do show some good TV shows such as House MD, the CSI series, Las Vegas, etc. etc. but it's kinda strange that they don't show sitcoms here in Hong Kong (I guess that kinda explains why people here have a lack of sense of humor, huh?), and that pisses me off because it's my favorite TV genre.

But hey, there's always the internet and I can download all the sitcoms I want via bittorrent. Oooo yeah, isohunt and mininova are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    I got both cable and nowtv, but I'm still struggling to get my fix. They do show some good TV shows such as House MD, the CSI series, Las Vegas, etc. etc. but it's kinda strange that they don't show sitcoms here in Hong Kong (I guess that kinda explains why people here have a lack of sense of humor, huh?), and that pisses me off because it's my favorite TV genre.

But hey, there's always the internet and I can download all the sitcoms I want via bittorrent. Oooo yeah, isohunt and mininova are the best!
    Hi Mikelowrey, where do you find CSI etc? We have all the stuff in our package, I have seen the adds but can not find the right channel, Please tell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msmelbourne:
    Hi Mikelowrey, where do you find CSI etc? We have all the stuff in our package, I have seen the adds but can not find the right channel, Please tell!!!
    When we signed up, those types of shows were on AXN.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast