Like Tree1Likes

cable tv refuse to cancel contract help!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down cable tv refuse to cancel contract help!

Does anyone has the same problem?
    We tried to cancel our cable tv since they lost the license to show Premiereship (I think that;s right-sorry football is my husband's area) to NowTV which is the whole reason we subscribe to Cable TV it in the first place. My husband tried several times to cancel our subscription but they deny any knowledge of us doing so. A few friends have the same problem and we heard that they know that there will be a lot of people cancel the subscription so they are trying to make it as difficult to cancel as possible.
    Is there anyway to contact the government for advise? Anyone has the same experience and what do you do?
    Pleas help

contact the consumers association.
    and write to scmp.
    cable tv is very lousy when it comes to cancelling subscription, from what i heard, you have to bring the hardware back to their headquarters , with all the the remote control. if you lose any items, they will fine you.

A similar thing happened when they lost the rights to StarSports/ESPN (my only reason for having CableTV). I managed to negotiate a settlement with them at the time which was some sort of compromise - you need to keep pressing, in writing (by fax) until you get to someone who has the authority to negotiate and the ability to do so in English. In my case I agreed to pay them "rack rate" for the period I had used the service in return for them not obliging me to pay for another 12 months of something I didn't want. So I had to pay to exit, but significantly less than it would have cost to the strict letter of the contract.

But at the end of the day it depends on the contract you signed - I don't think you will find any commitment on the part of CableTV to carry any specific channels so it is would be very hard to make a legal case. The only way is to threaten lots of bad publicity and be persistent and hope that they see sense.

Will try to fax them again. The seems ok on the phone just now but let's see in a few months time if they really are ok!
    Thanks a lot.

Don't pay those bastxxds!

They hire villains and rob people!

Hope everyone stops paying and hurt them really bad.

JaredHK likes this.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by meemiathai:
    Don't pay those bastxxds!

They hire villains and rob people!

Hope everyone stops paying and hurt them really bad.
    whoa! what's with the animosity here?

no need to get nasty,....if they refuse to do it or make it difficult....don't pay. Simple.

If you have an autopay arrangement with them on your credit card / bank account, terminate it immediately.

do what PDLM did, call/write/talk to the person in charge until you get a compromise, or at best, your money back.

Max, don't tell me you work for them!

Really they give people a very hard time. And what they do are very annoying. They knock on your door at 11pm and would not leave! Sorry too many bad experiences.

Also being polite is not going to work sometimes in HK.
    They will take advantage of it.

apparently my husband just told me he faxed the form (theyonly accept the form not letter) several times and they still not acknowledge the fax. Plus they start charging us double for reject pament and late charge because we stop our standing order and I have a feeing they will continue to do so. We don't mind paying panalty charge for breaking the contract.

File A Class Action Suit Against Cable TV

Too bad it isn't the states.

Or else you can have a big class action suit against Cable TV.

I have tried several times to cancel also and it is very frustrating.

Their programs are garbage compared to Now and if you call their customer service, you are on hold for 45 minutes.

I am pretty sure if for all the people that Cable TV offended with their we don't cancel policy, I am pretty sure there would be alot.

Consumer Council is the best way to cancel. Cable will also give you b.s. about bringing your converter to their service center or there will be a penalty of $1,400. and you most likely have to go to their office in Tseun Wan to take action.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast