La Terrasse - HK's most discriminatory restauran

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

La Terrasse - HK's most discriminatory restauran

Unless you are a supporter of white supremacy and apartheid, or you find pleasure in being discriminated because you are not a "gweilo", please do not go to La Terrasse on Old Bailey Street. If the French manager thinks that sloppy service, rudeness and racial discrimination will help bring business to this normally empty establishment, then he should think again. No apologies for spilling champagne onto our two guests TWICE, arrogantly telling us NOT to disturb other guests when we asked to move to an outside table AND telling one of our guests that she was rude after he attempted to take her handbag away! This atrocious behaviour should not be condoned and the French guy should go home!!!

Great .. so you just signed up to post this and let me guess, you're going to do this on 20 other forums and then never visit them again?

Sounds like you need to go home wherever that may be. Relax a little.

There is a restaurant in Shenzhen that actually has a sign on the front "No Japanese" and inside it is alll anti Japanese stuff. That qualifies more as discrimination more than what you describe. (Which sounds just like poor service maybe?)

May be just qualifies as being French ..

I thought this was part of the service? If you went to a French restaurant and didn't get piss poor service, they'd be letting you down on your expectations.

Yeah, you should have left a big tip for the authentic haute cuisine dining experience you had!

A little slice of gay Paris, right here in little ol'Hong Kong.
    I think I will go wander the left bank of the Shing Mun and surrender to the first person I come upon.

Now I know why gweilos have such a bad rep in Hong Kong!!!

>> normally empty establishment

Gotta wonder who gets a bad rap by going to a restaurant that even the gwailos don't go to...

Doesn't only happen in HK. Just chill and try complaining to the manager. It may not give you the satisfaction that you require, but at least you're doing something constructive rather than just telling everybody else. I've been in the hospitality industry and it's great when somebody points out the bad bits as opposed to passing the word about bad service.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast