Racing on the 28th of May?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Maha May Mela

Right people, The Epsom Derby is a month away, so a little limbering up is required.
    Wednesday 28th May 2003(ED day-10) Manawatu Cup Night
    Happy Valley, The Loge - Bookings can be made from 21st May on 1817.
    Let me have your seat number either on this thread or by PM so we know who to look out for.
    more as it develops
    Oh yes Hats and masks are IN

The Loge costs $150 for enty +buffet dinner, and 1817 will accept credit cards, but remember to bring a bit of flutter money, the bar only has carlsberg draft and an excruciating red wine, so packing a hip flask is perfectly acceptable.

The Loge is an area within The Leading Edge
    more details at
    http://www.hongkongjockeyclub.com/en...ading_edge.htm

IF you can see the horsees ... Paul, up for a races night?

The Leading Edge is one of the Jockey Club's well kept secret. You are up in an eagle's nest with clear vies of the paddock, track and with a plasma screen at your table, tuned to the language of your choice, food and drink , and more importantly the excellent staff.
    The Members section is not all that it is cracked up to be, on recent forays to the Leading Edge I have had members joining me , some admittedly coming to see what the fuss was about.
    Most have been impressed.
    A Box is a small room, the Loge is the whole floor, witha glaas wall

one more from the Kentucky Derby

JUST COMING UP FOR AIR

Funny!!

I'm sure its the horse who has the last laugh, watching all that hard earned money go down the drain.

yo I G
    now that is a hoss laff if I ever saw one
    this just in
    +++
    THE FIGHTBACK AGAINST SARS
    Jockey Club bets on appeal of trackside tours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horse-racing enthusiasts can get into the thick of the action under a new tour package offered by the Jockey Club that will open up many restricted areas at the track.
    A spokeswoman for the club said participants in tours under the "We Love Hong Kong" campaign would be in "touching distance" of the starting gate, just short of stepping on to the track.

They will also gain access to other previously closed areas such as the stable assistants' hostel and trucks used for transporting the horses.

Jockey Club officials would accompany the tourists and share their knowledge of the racing industry.

Tourists will be able to dine and watch races from a restaurant overlooking the Sha Tin race track or see the action from reserved locations in the grandstand.

Although similar tours had been arranged in the past for charity groups during the off season, the spokeswoman said it would be the first time such tours were held during a race meeting.

The spokeswoman said some operators had already confirmed their wish to take part. Tours, including a buffet meal, would cost between $200 and $300, while those taking the tour without a meal would pay about $100.

Although the package will only be available for the remaining six race meetings scheduled at the Sha Tin racecourse this season, the club said it could extend the offer. "We may continue the package into next season or even extend it to the Happy Valley racecourse if we get a good enough response from the public," the spokeswoman said.

Travel Industry Council executive director Joseph Tung Yao-chung said although it was too early to say whether the tours would prove a top drawcard, he supported the idea.

The council said 50,000 had joined discounted local tours since the launch of the "We Love Hong Kong" campaign.

Well the tickets go on sale a week before, and many do get snapped up by the regulars who would have booked while at the races on Wed.
    I have not been to the Loge since early February so cant tell you if Sars has had a great effect on attendance.
    Try to get seats near the entrance, as that where all the action is

A bunch of us will try and make up our minds today.

Planning 4 days ahead of the event is a major undertaking.

SHOULD I GO OR SHOULD I STAY?

"Bunch" reminds me of a group of owners who call themselves "A Bunch of Bankers" rumoured to be HSBC types who took over a clients horse when he was not able to complete the purchase. They have a real cracker in Sunbell a real moneyspinner some of which has been spent on gettii\ng all the owners their very own "BoB" tie.

http://www.hongkongjockeyclub.com/en...p?HorseNo=B391

To help you make up you minds here are the entries for Wed

http://racing.scmp.com/english/free/...extentries.asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast