New Year's Eve Cruises - Is there such a thing in HK?

Closed Thread

New Year's Eve Cruises - Is there such a thing in HK?

In NY, there are a couple of cruises for the various celebrations. The Macy's 4th of July fireworks and New Year's Eve fireworks are probably the ones to see. These cruises include open bar and dinner. They do cost a little bit - $300+ for all inclusive package.

Back to HK, is there such a thing? I'm looking for an all inclusive package (open bar and late dinner) cruise for New Year's Eve fireworks. Delta does have a "Symphony of Lights Hong Kong Harbor Night Cruise" for $50 that night. But it is for the earlier show and not the actual New Year's Eve fireworks. I already booked a room at a Marriott that night, so now I just need to fill the night with some adventures.

Thanks much!

There are no fireworks on New Year's eve in Hong Kong.... You'll need to wait for Chinese New Year to see the next fireworks and there are plenty of cruises for that event.

Last NY's eve, we shared a junk through Saffron cruises (there is a link on their website). The price was pretty reasonable and they sail around before going into the east side of the harbour to watch the fireworks (Elle - there definitely were fireworks last year).

I had heard that these things get booked up months in advance. Good luck OP (sincerely not sarcastically!)

There is a very small, short and basically silent fireworks display on western new year's eve. The big fireworks displays are on the second day of lunar new year, and on National Day (1st October).

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    There are no fireworks on New Year's eve in Hong Kong.... .
    Too drunk to notice them last year?

So where is the best place to spend NYE last year I went to Wan Chai

At home with a good book?

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Last NY's eve, we shared a junk through Saffron cruises (there is a link on their website). The price was pretty reasonable and they sail around before going into the east side of the harbour to watch the fireworks (Elle - there definitely were fireworks last year).
    I did that a few years back with saffron and it was awful. Insufficient food. Poor quality food. No hot food. Cheap drinks. Boat was 1 hr late picking us up. Toilet was blocked. And Chinese sails weren't hoisted either.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    There is a very small, short and basically silent fireworks display on western new year's eve. The big fireworks displays are on the second day of lunar new year, and on National Day (1st October).
    So true! Western new year fireworks are an anticlimax...