NYC style

Thumbs up NYC style

where can i find NYC-stlyle groovy bars/ clubbing spot in central/ soho/ admiralty?

it'd be nice if the tel is provided as i need to reserve a place for a get together ....thanks

i'm from New York...so give me examples of places you are thinking of, and i'll see if i can give you an idea of where to go here...

Dining area like "Public" near the Little Italy...

Clubbing spot like those hidden club like "Hope" or "House" or "Marquee" in Chelsea...

http://www.dragon-i.com.hk/

That's Hong Kongs best night club/bar, its certainly the most upmarket, with seperated area's for various modes of an evening.

The hidden clubs in HK are usually going to be the seedy variety that the wife or gf won't approve of lol.

Converted brick warehouse style night clubs which are located off a lane, like whats found in NYC, Melbourne, London etc, don't exist unless they really do have something to hide. lol

Skyhook : Dragon I is certainly not the "best" or the most "upmarket" .... just a perception created for the masses.

Why did it win best club in Hong Kong over 2 consecutive years by a number of local and a couple of international reviewers ?

Check online lol, dragon-i must have the best marketing people on the planet to have achieved that, and I am being sarcastic. The club has a good rep because it has earned a good rep, even though it is extremely pretentious and picky as to who can enter and who cant at the door...

Personally its not my cup of tea, I prefer Xtreme bar in Sai Kung ( they have pool tables upstairs ) and the qaint smugglers Inn in Stanley, and the occasional work gathering at La Dolce Vita, or the British Bull Dog Bar. None of which fit the description of what the OP is asking for.

Coverted early 20th century warehouse, lane located upbeat clubs, don't really exist in HK, Dragon-i is as close to whats been asked on an internal facility point of view, where you have room to dance, seperate area's to dine, or hang out on the outdoor patio. Overall its got everything that a large gathering can enjoy, all under the one roof, costly admittedly, you'll blow 3 - 5K in a night per head, very easilly there.

It's also the bar that majority of the international celebrity A list visit when they are in Hong Kong, I cant think of any other bar that gets that lot in the doors..

Last edited by Skyhook; 16-08-2007 at 11:32 AM.

if "Dragon I is certainly not the "best" or the most "upmarket" , are there some more options? wondering...

Dragon-i is hot! It made me realize how pathetic the clubs we had on the Gold Coast were. The best club we've got on the coast is probably Quest or Shooters, I thought they were nice but when I went to Dragon-i I felt like a hillbilly.

Yeah Dragon-i is a very cool night club, I must say, its hard not to be impressed by it.

And i have to agree about the bars on the Gold Coast, which we have only recently begun to sample, they are friendly fun places,very casual affairs, but yeah, in no way in the same league as Dragon-i....