Like Tree20Likes

LCSD closing down southbay Bar!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LCSD closing down southbay Bar!!!!

Curtain call on Hong Kong beach bars | CNNGo.com

this is such backward thinking - some of those places were great to take visitors - you know made HK feel like a destination as opposed to a shopping stop,,

I think some enquiries should be made!

enquire what the hell are they doing here!

[email protected]

People have complained.

We must here the people.

HK is a democracy.

Shutting down these western barbarian establishments is better for our community. People should not be going out to beaches and drinking. They should be working hard in the office (playing on Facebook).

One China One Love.

dear giant likes this.

nearest house is 1/2 a KM away

did they even go and check it out?

12 people complain is democracy????

inhongkongpetent government strikes again!

depends who the 12 people are me thinks..

total and utter BS!!

Last edited by audiot; 01-12-2011 at 01:15 PM.

I think part of the problem is that these places are actually using public land and were stopping "the public" from sitting down unless they were customers. So the other half of the story is that the furniture is to be replaced by standard government issue furniture so that the public knows they have a right to sit on it. Which does seem reasonable, actually!

dear giant, PDLM and anothercanuck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I think part of the problem is that these places are actually using public land and were stopping "the public" from sitting down unless they were customers. So the other half of the story is that the furniture is to be replaced by standard government issue furniture so that the public knows they have a right to sit on it. Which does seem reasonable, actually!
    The "public" pah to the public!

But yes, I agree with you on this one.

Yes, I do enjoy South Bay, etc, but the deal was that it was public land and the public should have free access to it, just like at the bars in IFC.

The bars knew the deal from day one, either abide by the rules or f off.

However I will miss them.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:

12 people complain is democracy????
    It was not that many years ago that there used to be music concerts in the Hong Kong Stadium, Happy Valley area.

A handful of complaints about the noise was all it took to close that idea down, although there was a serious sugestion from the government that concert goers should wear gloves to reduce the noise when applauding.

Now the stadium is pretty much unused except for the annual Rugby 7's such a waste of a great venue that is perfect for concerts.
    dear giant likes this.

except they're NOT closing the beach bars, just enforcing the listed closing hours, which were flouted in the past...more excellent headlining from CNNgo

read more here

and they're actually DOING THE PUBLIC A FAVOR by forcing the operators to allow the public access to this PUBLIC space, something that was sometimes NOT done in the past

Last edited by anothercanuck; 01-12-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    except they're NOT closing the beach bars, just enforcing the listed closing hours, which were flouted in the past...more excellent reporting from CNNgo

read more here

and they're actually DOING THE PUBLIC A FAVOR by forcing the operators to allow the public access to this PUBLIC space, something that was sometimes NOT done in the past
    I agree that CNNgo does not tell the whole/true story in this matter.

However, can we agree that it is a shame that it is not possible in Hong Kong to have bars/café on the beaches with opening hours exeeding 6/7pm ?
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pepe77:
    I agree that CNNgo does not tell the whole/true story in this matter.

However, can we agree that it is a shame that it is not possible in Hong Kong to have bars/café on the beaches with opening hours exeeding 6/7pm ?
    I have no problem with late hours, but I don't live down there..better to ask the people who complained...

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    I have no problem with late hours, but I don't live down there..better to ask the people who complained...
    I know what you mean...
    I am just thinking that it should be possible to find a solution to that problem (noice)
    Could be that music could not exeed a certain volume (db) ? or that place should shut down at midnight ?
    Making it totally impossible to use the venue after 6/7pm sounds pretty stupid to me.

And....I guess they could still establish the fixed tables/chairs even if the bar is still there + install a vending machine for cheap soft drinks
    Last edited by pepe77; 01-12-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast